Yeah the old lexus has pulled through for you here. Do you get to work on starlet at your work?

Defo haha glad i had a back up plan. Nah sadly not, we used to be allowed after work but folk started ripping the pish bringing in mates cars and that got a bit out of hand so they put a stop to that.

Gonna start getting it stripped down soon, will start by taking the head off and go from there :)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defo haha glad i had a back up plan. Nah sadly not, we used to be allowed after work but folk started ripping the pish bringing in mates cars and that got a bit out of hand so they put a stop to that.

Gonna start getting it stripped down soon, will start by taking the head off and go from there :)

You got a lock up or that? Or just do it where I met you that time?

Stripped the head off this earlier, damage was a bit worse than i thought it might be haha.

20150603_193546_zpsmhodjp9n.jpg

20150603_214148_zpsit9lc18d.jpg

Piston No.2 has had it lol, fuckin melted. The bore of 3 has a bit of melted piston stuck to it aswell. Gonna strip the sump off next chance i get, hoping the crank is ok, still duno if ive bent a rod yet :p

On a plus not my J.D Tuning engine mounts arrived so i fitted them in my spare mounts.

20150603_172625_zpsajmuftsu.jpg

I also got a pair of Sabelt harnesses and a civic c pillar bar but couldnt be fucked taking pictures :)

Haha i know! Yeah me too, hopefully i get a chance soon to strip it.

Ah thats good news then, ive driven starlets with the yellow poly ones and theyre pretty solid, if these are similar i'll be happy :)

Haha i know! Yeah me too, hopefully i get a chance soon to strip it.

Ah thats good news then, ive driven starlets with the yellow poly ones and theyre pretty solid, if these are similar i'll be happy :)

I've never used polybushes before so didn't have a clue what to expect. But notice a bug difference in gear changes and engine response man!

I've never used polybushes before so didn't have a clue what to expect. But notice a bug difference in gear changes and engine response man!

Quality, wish i could get all 3 but dont want to mess with the 4paw rear box mount incase its a different size.

What exact mount did you use man?

Its just i seen the guy whos got Gaz's old 85 knocked the mount out and couldnt fit a poly one in.

I've got the powerflex set. Pic I took when they arrived - Ziscobuild-57.jpg

• 10 months later...

Sooo long time no update for my EP85, got a bit fed up with it and had written out a for sale thread.. but it seems 4paws arent selling atm so i'll be keeping it for the time being :)

As per usual ive had shit luck with this yet again and also a small oil & heatwrap related fire :o

Anyway, so i fitted a 4EFTE a few weeks ago to find it had a bottom end knock on startup and at certain RPM, i decided it was still driveable enough to go for a MOT. I nursed it down to work, years ticket, sound. Had only covered 3k kilometers sice the last one!

Couple days later i meet up with Shaun, we were going up to see Dale to whip an engine out of a n/a. A mile or so into the journey i can see quite a bit of smoke coming out the bonnet, thinking the rad cap has popped off or something. What had actually happend was the turbo oil return pipe had split, spunked some 5w40 onto the heatwrap on the manifold and caused a bit of a fire! Luckily i had a bottle of peach volvic to hand which done a decent enough job of putting it out 8) Ended up abandoning the car for a few hours and got it picked up later on where it now sits at its most happiest, in pieces yet again.. I have a 4EFE sitting in my crashed n/a GT (another story) which i'll fire into the 85 in the next few days!

Other things ive done are have the ICV deleted off the inlet. Fitted my JD tuning poly engine bushes. Fitted a c pillar brace. And fired in a set of blue ignition leads :)

Despite fuckin hating the 85 i decided to finally get it Meisters, the new Zeta CRD+ ones.

20160331_173647_zpszswbdoun.jpg

Old Vs new.

20160405_211941_zpskptny9dy.jpg

Got them fitted.

20160405_214832_zpsnn4ta34b.jpg

Pretty chuffed overall with the Meisters, still need to set the geo up at work though. Although even wirh the rears at the lowest ride height they are still not as low as id like.

Got Banzai at Crail on the 1st of May, really wanna go so my aim is to have it running asap and then have a couple weeks to find / fix any issues. Just hope the 4EFE holds out!

Plans for the near future,

Set geometry up

Nankang semis for the front

Fit aeromotive 255 pump

Fit Sard fpr

AE86 poly rarb bushes (hope they fit)

Get poly drop link bushes for the front

Take it back to Stainless Creations to have the exhaust modded so i can fit my farb

Get better brakes

Then i might start to like it again 8)

Only fire damge is the oil pressure wire believe it or not haha. Yeah man will do, theres a lad interested in taking it for the efi setup so hopefully it goes soon. Could be doing with shifting the V shell too :/

Glad the fire hasn't been to bad buddy!

Yeah it coulda been worse!

You do have some luck with this car man, damage doesn't sound that bad which is good to hear, laughed like fuck at the peach volvic putting the fire out tho haha, good luck up at Crail.

I know man its like it hates being on the road, roughly 12 weeks total out of nearly 3 years. Yeah damage was minimal thank god. Haha its all i had to hand! Cheers, Banzai is normally a busy day at Crail so probably wont get many runs in.