massive turbo lagg ep91

i have just brought my glanza v and i have lots of turbo lagg

i have a ct9 turbo with no air filter just mesh over the inlet side

crack in the manifold

straight through d-cat exhaust

front mount inter-cooler

and its also running at 1.1 boost

could any of they things be the problem maybe???

please help thankyou

connor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just brought my glanza v and i have lots of turbo lagg

i have a ct9 turbo with no air filter just mesh over the inlet side

crack in the manifold

straight through d-cat exhaust

front mount inter-cooler

and its also running at 1.1 boost

could any of they things be the problem maybe???

please help thankyou

connor

Crack doesn't help, when you say lag how bad? when does it begin to spool when does it reach it's peak? does it hold it? do you have a boost gauge?

more importantly what fuelling/engine management modifications are you running?

I got a new actuator.

A toyosport manifold hair line crack all the way round the exhaust manifold

And don't get boost until 2500-3000 rpm

Also have a boost gauge

I have a zep plug and play ecu

Ill upload a pic of engine bay

Looks like your losing a substantial amount of exhaust out between the manifold and head judging from what looks to be carbon on the right hand side of cylinder head, probably the toyosports gaskets they come with they have been proven to be useless. This also will increase turbo slag

Edited by TurboTobz

You defo need to get the crack sorted or a new manifold. Your asking why you cars not running right and that will play a big factor in it. When you driving along booting it. The manifold will be glowing red hot, the crack will open up more.

The igniter and coil packs can play up causing hesertation at high rpm also all of your ignition system can. Change the plugs and make sure every thing else is top not. If in dought change them. That are all a service item at the end of the day

But are you running a boost controler?

Looks like you have some crazy vac line routes. You have a pipe T ed into your actuator vac pipe. That's probably for a manual boost controler I suspect. The vac line to you dump valve is T ed into as well. It's usually best to run a dedicated hose to that. Having to must stuff T ed into sensors lines can cause problems. Also with you rotated turbo. Check that the housing is nice and tight a d doesn't move at all.

Yea the guy who had it before is a animal I think cuz that t pipe is rubbing on the bulk head so will probs split soon so what should I run the vacuum pipes as cuz one end goes to boost gauge then to the actuator then somewhere else. Really I need someone that knows what there doing not a bedside mechanic telling me where to put stuff because they read it on a website. Look at the pic of my bay and relocate the pipes, so I can do it properly