• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mohsin

Really bad news bout engine, Not been on here in while, toyo sports manis do crack for fun, what's gone in engine bottom end or head drop me your number I might have some spare engine parts depending what's up with it, And for anyone saying it sounds dogey it's not just the joys buying used cars, I paid £2800 for Glanza and bottom end went on drive home it's just shit luck

Hi mate how r u?? I never said it it was dodgey mate its the third sparkplug we checked the compression and there was none my mate who told me about your car he checked it for me and told me the engine is gone and theres no oil

Pressure aswel mate... Ill ask him and ill let u know mate... Im really upset as its been parked in my drive only drive it for two weeks and this happened... Thanks for gettin back to me. 07542472432

See this is the thing with these cars they do just tend to let go, well mine did :) ring lands twice on mine but at the time of sale it was running ok I guess otherwise u would have not of brought it.

You could buy any car and it could just give up, there only 1.3"s that are over 190 bhp with mods so something is gonna give up on them,

What was the oil pressure gauge reading just out of interest

Ive blown two emgines in mine bottom end twice. Have you checked the oil pressure sensor mohsin as they can be faulty. Also what was the compression reading? Cylinder 3 seems too be the one that dies on these cars quite often.

I think it was 20 or less than that and when I drive it it just jerks still made it home though but there was like no power.... Need some proper machanic to look at it to tell me what's wrong... And what I need to get it fixed....that's all but I have been busy with my job and kids.. Really hard to take the time out... But will try on my Nxt day off...

I had a glanza

Payed £2600 for in augast. Cost me over 3k in total then friday the gearbox blow up and then i sold sunday for 1200 Like everyone says. Joys of starlets. Im never going back there again!

Edited by GlanzaJim

Only took it out twice mate...... I'm not saying its dodgy I think it's a bad luck but sometime I think I only took it out twice like for a long drive first the manifold blown completely off the turbo then the engine gone don't know what happen there..... It's parked in my drive by the time ill fispx it the mot and road tax will be gone...... Tbh it's the worst thing is this really put me off buying a starlet again....

fucking gutted to hear man! I only had mine 6 months before the ringlands went fs (I appreciate you only had yours out twice but I still wasn't expecting it to go lol).. rebuilding the engine is costly, if your on a budget buy 4efte another engine for £400-ish and get it thrown in asap to get you on the road. Otherwise youre looking about £900 odds for parts & labour.

• 7 months later...

Can't really stop the bottom end from going as it's general wear usually or no oil. When a Ringland goes though I'm sure it's usually down to the fueling? I blew one once because I was running a "plug and play" ecu which aren't so plug and play lol.

Take it apart and see if the bore is scored or not. If not pop a new piston in and a set of rings and you practically have a brand new engine if it was recently rebuilt.

It was over a year ago the car was sold. He is now claiming there is no boost controller in the car a year on. Nothing was taken out the car and the car was looked over by three of them. Maybe you need thicker glasses mohsin.