Morgey's short lived Trueno AE111 :(

This will be fairly slow progress build as there's not too much i want to do to the new motor. general tidy up and few subtle changes but thats about it. but I've got to mix this with looking at getting a house in the near future so i imagine money will also be quite tight too :lol:

firstly Spec as i brought it.

1998 Sprinter Trueno BZR

1.6 4AGE 20v 152kms or about 93k miles

6 speed LSD box

OEM Rep Carbon Bonnet

New Headlights from Toyota

HKS Panel filter

Arc Intake chamber

TRD or similar HT lead set

Imec 25mm trumpets inside OEM plenum

Tomie PonCams

FGK 4-2-1 Manifold

Longlife 2.25" cat back with hks style backbox

TRD adjustable Shocks and Springs

Rebuilt Front twinpots with OEM Discs and Yellow stuff pads

OEM rear discs and Pads

16" scRota Grids in white

D1 spec blue wheel nuts

Unknown Clutch/flywheel (clutch is heavy and revs seem to drop quick so maybe aftermarket)

E-manage Blue, unmapped.

Air con removed

couple of small things wrong which I've got parts on the way for,

Interior mirror dazzle mech is broken so it rattles, new mirror on route.

blanking plate missing in the dash, got a rear foglight switch which i will rewire from the other non OEM switch.

Clock has the 00 button missing

badge on the boot missing.

also needs a OSF indicator as the clips broken, ill be going to toyota for this i imagine.

C Pillar trim needs swapping as the ones fitted have LED's in them :/ (others came with it)

The other thing that needs sorting is a bit more major but not too bad. the rear quarter panel has been replaced at some point, noticed when viewing it, checked in the boot for damage and under all the trim etc and it seems it was just cosmetic damage, nothing underneath and all suspension arms are straight and drives lovely. problem is where they joined it on the C pillar the join is visible so have got to get that sorted. got a few £££ knocked off to cover the cost, had a couple of quotes already and will be making my decision on where to go with it soon.

Right well heres some pictures of her!

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

GOPR0060.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

578641_10153289448720154_837934133_n.jpg

Future plans.

Full service, oils, filters, plugs etc

Bleed brakes with Motul RPF 600 fluid

Bodywork: quarter panel and front lip need doing

Get the E-manage mapped or at least get the fueling checked.

Change the wheels for something gunmetal or gold/bronze and more JDM y0!

BC Superstrut coilovers

Slowly build up a Secondary Set of super strut components.

So what do you guys think?

Edited by morgey
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great mate! Always liked these :)

Looks really nice!

nice car,never seen one before

Cheers guys. :)

This looks so damn different from normal Euro E11's

i know im not sure why toyota never released it over here, reckon it would have sold pretty well. much better looking that the celica's or mr2's imo

That is beautiful I'm so not jelious ....... NOT I want it

James

haha took a long time to find one tbf best start looking :p

Whey!!! Been waiting for this!

Looks super good mate, bet your stoked.....worth the wait? :)

cheers man. yeah deffo drives so nice, took it for a blast earlier and it holds the road so well, quite hard to judge cornering speeds as its a completely different car to the starlet and corolla but it just wants to go in faster and faster! but as soon as you back off and back down to a cruise click it into 6th and its like driving about in a normal civilised car.

theres plans for the long term but for the time being its going to be slow and steady.

eventually when i finish my plans for the starlet that will, im afraid to say it, be going up for sale. well unless the final plans transform it in to a car that drives like this anyway!

so those interested in a 4age starlet best get saving as spring next year i imagine that will be sale time!

I'll buy it!!! lol

Sad day today........had to break my first Starlet, genuinely upsetting but had to be done to get funds together to finish the 4age :cray:

You think u'll move yours on before Japfest, be gutted if we never manage to park them up together?

haha that would be a pretty mega lineup of cars! but you wont be getting mine for the bargain that yours was i can tell you that now! lol

as for getting rid of before JF, im not sure, will depend on if refitting PS and changing the LSD back and some other little tweaks change it to how i would like. if they do then ill be quite tempted to keep it and track it more.... But if i get a house then im not sure what ill be able to afford so time will tell i guess.

Yeah I know man, atm I cant sell any of them, I love my daily corolla just for abusability it just take abuse all day everyday down shitty little tracks and all sorts and laps it up, then the rest if the time is a perfect little run around.

Starlet I've had for so long and its like my baby and I know that even though I dont drive it as much as id like I Would miss is so much just because the time and effort I've put into it, id hate to see someone ruin it all!

Anyway!

Got my first couple of little bits that Wanted, boot badge, rear veiw mirror, ash try holder and a new clock. Will be fitting them soon.

Found a place that can map it so will get it all Seviced and get it booked in for that soon too!

Also popped into my local Toyota Dealer today and ordered a new osf indicator, super strut stickers for the sides and a Bz-R sticker For the boot. I got a couple of oil filters whilst i was there too :)

Got a bit to be getting on with now!!

Edited by morgey

Yeah had to get One with Ss, couldn't have a Bz-R and not have it really, will end up costing a bomb eventually but im willing to pay.

That blue ones john, spoke to him at jae the last couple of years, his is a pre facelift with the front end swapped. Is a lovely colour when its all polished up, He was moaning that my starlets vvt pulley was loads quieter than his lol

• 1 month later...

well this was rather short lived, spun it a few weeks ago and hit a sign.

the just of it. going round a set of bends less than a mile from home, driven them hundreds of times in every condition thinkable.

fairly fast bends but wasnt pushing as it was a new car and it was damp out. either way went into a right hander back end came out. foot in, pulled it straight. braked a tad between the bends then back on the throttle gentley into a long left, where it flips out the other way, back ends out all the way around this bend. (luckily no cars coming the other way) rear right wheel clips the kerb on the outside just before a sharp right hander, sending me spinning back the other way (foot was still in at this point) wasnt until i was going into the right hander completely backwards that i gave up and stamped on the brakes and rode the car home into a chevron sign. by the time i hit the sign it had completed a 360 spin!

personally i think part of the passengers SS was shot, it felt funny on some right handers and i never got around to looking at it. hindsight hey!

under the wing is a lot worst that on top. theres a pole shaped dent in the chassis rail and it seems the front ends been pushed over and the bonnet is catching when opening so rather than spending money on a car that's bent im breaking it for parts. get my money back and get another!

And for all the haters of Rota's, hit a kerb sideways still in one piece... yup i'm surprised too :lol:

after pulling the wing out and driving it home.

IMG-20131027-WA0000.jpg

damage to the A piller

IMAG0085.jpg

the sign

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

its final resting place

IMG-20131119-WA0004.jpg

If anyones after any parts most bits are available, refurbed twinpots and new yellow stuff pads etc etc.

Edited by morgey

That blue ones john, spoke to him at jae the last couple of years, his is a pre facelift with the front end swapped. Is a lovely colour when its all polished up, He was moaning that my starlets vvt pulley was loads quieter than his lol

Yeah, it's a lovely colour. John does like to have a moan at times :D

---

As I had said on facebook (I think?), massive shame for this to have happened. Glad to see you haven't lost the love for them, will you be impoting a fresh one or buying from the UK?