Azz's 428bh Forged Glanza V, JAE/TRAX CONTENT !!!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great build mate all really interesting, good to see them k20 coils in them dizzys and plugs really dont take much once youve closed the gaps on the plugs ect

really tidy build too lad points to you

any figures yet buddy

Thanks buddy.

There actually off a motorbike but have the same part number as a k20 with half the price tag ;)

Patiently waiting

Trust me your not the only one haha I've been patiently waiting for 9 and 1/2 months now

x2 such an epic build good luck with the map ! even if you dont take the record its still going to be ALOT of fun, im enjoying the competitiomn thats starting among forum members now a few good big build as apposed to your usual tdo4/5 build i cant wait to order a new booster setup

Haha put it this way buddy the only way this car will be coming home is with the record !

There are a fair few nice builds out there now but having tj e experience of trying to hit 400bhp is taking a lot more than I initially thought, I will explain more once it's finished.

Azz update this you jebend. i want to know whats going on

Yea what is going on aaron is this still not done yet buddy ?

now now ladies, I will update this evening once I get a little more signal as I'm offshore at the moment if that's ok

Right then as promised an update is here and well overdue !

The car is STILL at racetech and I'm back at work so it will be at least another month which will take any it to 10 1/2 months :L

So the starlet then, she is running and was being mapped but we encounterd a problem with turbo lag obviously being a monster turbo and having the 282 cams which concentrate on more top end power which is where the problem was and causing 0% boost until 5500rpm and being no where near peak power at the 8k limit.

I had thought about this prior to the car hence the adjustable cam pulley BUT being a cj performance unit it was soon noticed the the teeth we're very very weak so this was a no go soooo a new one is needed and is coming in the form of a new custom adjustable cam pulley from racetech themselves but at a fair cost !

Hopefully once this is fitted we can get a more useable boost around 4500/4800rpm.

It is staring to get me down a lot just how long it is taking at racetech and certain things will be discussed when i eventually get the call to pick the car up.

Here is a short video on the dyno with very minimal revs / boost that I asked for off Ricky to get my head back in the game.

Toyota Glanza GTX3071r: http://youtu.be/w6OyW0qI9yc

Sounds more like a supercharger noise, once you get the night problems out the way can't wait to hear it fully open :D

As for the time frame 10 1/2 month woooooow ! You must miss her like mad :(

James

Miss it is an understatement !

It's more the fact of how much stuff I've missed with it like all the big finale shows last year, winter testing days I was booked on to and all my local clubs Christmas shows/meets and obviously the pleasure of the car

Without wanting to cause offense or come across as a cunt, aren't you at all concerned this isn't going to offer much in the way of drivability? I'm sure it will be ridiculous once rolling and going in a straight line, but if you try and attack some back roads or a track it'll be horrible.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but if it were me, I'd be looking for something smaller which might sacrifice top end power, with more low to mid range torque. I had a GT28r turbo fitted to my FD RX7 and it was mega, but a larger turbo on a smaller engine, doesn't compute.

Best of luck with it anyway.

Edited by TimD

Shouldn't be a problem, something is wrong. I used to have a set of 282's and let's not forget db's 82 was running a set on td06 no problems.... And your gtx should be spooling quicker than that!

Also, Unless I am greatly mistaken it looks like you are in desperate need of some tyres.

Also agreed with above just going for max power is being a bit of a bender and having it as a dick lengthing tool.. Won't be as quick or usable around a circuit for example or on the road as a very well set up 280-300bhp car.

Without wanting to cause offense or come across as a cunt, aren't you at all concerned this isn't going to offer much in the way of drivability? I'm sure it will be ridiculous once rolling and going in a straight line, but if you try and attack some back roads or a track it'll be horrible.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but if it were me, I'd be looking for something smaller which might sacrifice top end power, with more low to mid range torque. I had a GT28r turbo fitted to my FD RX7 and it was mega, but a larger turbo on a smaller engine, doesn't compute.

Best of luck with it anyway.

Shouldn't be a problem, something is wrong. I used to have a set of 282's and let's not forget db's 82 was running a set on td06 no problems.... And your gtx should be spooling quicker than that!

Also, Unless I am greatly mistaken it looks like you are in desperate need of some tyres.

Also agreed with above just going for max power is being a bit of a bender and having it as a dick lengthing tool.. Won't be as quick or usable around a circuit for example or on the road as a very well set up 280-300bhp car.

Your both right in the way that a smaller turbo would be much better on windy country roads and similar tracks but thats now what this car is being built for, it's mainly a weekend toy/car for shows/ track use on my local track Anglesey circuit which is quite a fast track so top end power is much better.

Overall I'm a turbo fan and in my eyes you can't get a real experience unless you have a fair amount of lag, if your going for instant spool you maze well just have an NA, some people might say it's a stupid way to look at it but everyone has there opinions .

tyres are ok, there just looking dirty

I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph ref lag - just needs to be relative. If lag is what your after then you have achieved what you want.. In it's current state it won't be at all decent around Anglesey. It's strange as you say you going to go for uk power record then say want to take it around a circuit I.e Anglesey... You have 2 completely different goals.. Confusing. There is a common denominator in builds where people don't get the results they want, it's a shame but be interesting to see if anyone else can work it out...

I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph ref lag - just needs to be relative. If lag is what your after then you have achieved what you want.. In it's current state it won't be at all decent around Anglesey. It's strange as you say you going to go for uk power record then say want to take it around a circuit I.e Anglesey... You have 2 completely different goals.. Confusing. There is a common denominator in builds where people don't get the results they want, it's a shame but be interesting to see if anyone else can work it out...

I must admit when I had the starlet on there with my td05 it was pretty good but a little more power on the outside long run wouldn't have gone a miss.

The car will be 80% road use and 20% track use so it should do the job just right I think, especially against friends on there road where I hang around a lot of high powered RS's / ST's / Scoobies ect......

Fishy is right in the sense of 400 hp round a track in a starlet wont be the best in the sense of drivability but if im going for biiiiig power ill most likely be taking the same sort of route as azz i will be going for some for of gt28, i think its good he is chasing power figures as competition is healthy

But people seem to forget the power can be restricted through a little device known as a boost controller ?

It wont be running 400hp on a trip to the shops

Excellent build azz,

Look forward to updates mate !

It will be running < 100hp on a trip to the shops as he wont be making any positive manifold pressure.. ha.

You'll get the figures, and if you're happy with that, who is anyone to tell you otherwise. I think a well driven 200hp Starlet wont be too far behind one with even double it's horse power output over a lap.

Best of luck with it, hopefully see you at Anglesey, it's a fantastic track.

Fishy is right in the sense of 400 hp round a track in a starlet wont be the best in the sense of drivability but if im going for biiiiig power ill most likely be taking the same sort of route as azz i will be going for some for of gt28, i think its good he is chasing power figures as competition is healthy

But people seem to forget the power can be restricted through a little device known as a boost controller ?

It wont be running 400hp on a trip to the shops

Excellent build azz,

Look forward to updates mate !

Socks is actually running a gt28/30 hybrid which he's doing well with so I would say its a good option for most.

You exactly right on the ebc comment, everyone seems to think I'll be running full power 24/7 when in truth I'll probably only use it a fewtimes a year to show friends