Kingcarr's Return - EP91 Glanza V

Hi guys and girls,

Some of you may remember me, or maybe not? I've had a few starlets and been a member here for a while but a relatively quiet one at that.

I got my first starlet from my aunts, an ep91 Sportif in green (R428 XRJ) which I began to glanza rep before I purchased a GT Turbo rolling shell (H942 JLE), which I then stored for around a year whilst I bought parts to get her running. That didn't happen and I ended up selling it on eBay for a profit.

I then had a break and decided to buy another starlet for my gf to learn to drive in, it was a blurple EP91 sol (R125 FBF) that she didn't use so I sold it to a friend in need, who then sold it to a friend of his who was learning to drive.

In march this year, I bought a bargain MX5 mk1 which I learnt to drift in, turbo'd it and killed the piston rings, I then managed to make a bit of cash from breaking, and decided I was going to buy a nissan 200sx s14 or s14a to further my drifting hobby.

There was nothing going for my budget so I started thinking of a different car to use as a project and a bit of fun at the weekends.

So that brings us to Thursday (10/10/2013) morning, where a Black Glanza V was on a low amount of bids pops up on my eBay... And I have a handful of cash from breaking the mx5... The inevitable happened!

Saturday morning at 0500 me and my mate headed off on our 2.5 hour journey to Bristol to pick up this black Glanza V (P964 EAB).

null_zps0f9e5095.jpg

On the way back, I noticed it was constantly hitting fuel cut, so there's a few bits to sort!

One thing I was able to sort immediately were the wheels! The halfords ripspeeds wrapped in nangkans had to go, so I got my "MOT Friendly" wheels and tyres out of the garage and threw them on whilst I refurb the starlet SR wheels I have in the garage.

Before

null_zpsb716d25e.jpg

After

null_zpse528ddf9.jpg

Much better, can't wait to sort the speedlines though :)

Took her out for a spin last night, and the local speedbumps have helped end the life of one of the rear top mounts! Oops!

null_zpsfda9c12c.jpg

I'll get it sorted! Any idea if I can use NA shocks on the rear to replace fix this?

Does anyone have any history on this glanza?

Looking forward to making some progress :)

So, after some investigation with my mates, It turns out that my Glanza has been fitted with a 1 bar adjustable actuator, and its not hitting fuel cut, its missing at around 5K revs.

My plan is to replace the actuator with a stock unit, and see where we are at from there!

That's if I can get a stock actuator that's not being sold for stupid money!

Productive day today! Fixed the misfire, fixed the suspension (was washer missing!) and fitted a hks fcd... Just got to sort a few more bits and I'll be happy!

Pic of the cause of misfire -

Posted Image

I'd love to know where the rest has gone :/

Cheers,

Nathan

Picked up some shiny bits off tatep82 last night, fitting today!

To do today:

Cusco lower arm

Pillar mount and gauge

Greddy EBC

Parts required - I am willing to collect today with cash:

Standard Actuator

FMIC with piping

Aftermarket leads and plugs

Glanza driveshafts in good condition

I can't use paypal at the moment so cash on collection is required!

Cheers,

Nath

The FCD is wired up but not in use at the moment!

Nice to meet you too Liam, cheers for taking me out in your beast, was awesome!

I managed to fit the standard actuator and it still hit cut, so looks like I'm going to need to port the waste gate! Is there any other ways of preventing cut? I have the greddy ebc set at 10 psi but it still seems to go way over! So I'm guessing its creep?

It has a front mounted filter and stainless straight through...

Nice to meet you mate I'm sure I'll be seeing you again shortly, which other bits you manage to pick up today dude hope you get the actuator problem sorted.

Nice to meet you as well man!

Hmmmmmmm.... Bypassed the EBC, with a stock actuator, decat, air filter relocated to front bumper, and standard inter cooler I'm hitting fuel cut :/ is this due to boost creep? I'm really struggling now!

Even on the stock actuator, it's hitting boost cut! So actuator opens at 8.5psi (I think?) and fuel cut is at 13psi? Is it worth porting the waste gate? I should be getting a blitz ECU this weekend and an aftermarket manifold... But I'm still stuck with the stock waste gate....