26.1MPG, 110miles to £25

Surely a decat shouldn't alter the fuel mixture that much? The lambda is before the decat so surely the readings wouldn't be that different than if there was a cat? I understand it would smell slightly richer but it seems a bit extreme. Definitely leaning towards lambda

Surely a decat shouldn't alter the fuel mixture that much? The lambda is before the decat so surely the readings wouldn't be that different than if there was a cat? I understand it would smell slightly richer but it seems a bit extreme. Definitely leaning towards lambda

Not too sure on Glanza's as my knowledge is limited on the subject but this is what I'm lead to believe. A lot of cars take a reading before and after the cat to determine the fuel input from the exhaust gases. When you run a decat it alters the cars lamba reading which causes the car to run richer which is better than running leaner. Leading to a higher fuel consumption.

I think it takes having a real heavy drinker to appreciate how good starlets are on fuel. When I had my glanza I felt there was times it was worse on fuel than other times. I would do all the basics like checking tyre pressure, alignment and get fueling checked, but I would not be too concerned.

3.5 v6 with a slow commute means I see about 15mpg, but I knew what I was getting my self in for!

Yeh i get that there are cars worse on fuel,.. But thats not really my point, what im trying to say/ask is that 26.1mpg is bad for a glanza driving gently. Id expect 3.5 v6 and big bmws extra to be bad on fuel. Not a lightweight 1.3 driving gently!!

Id say getting 26mpg out of a modified turbo starlet is quite good. Bearing in mind its an old car now and its very easy to come on boost on a CT9. Ive heard people say that when on TD04 etc fuel eco was better for town driving because you arent creeping into boost all the time.

On another not my mates 10plate 1.6 corsa vxr is only doing about 32mpg that's a mix of traffic/quick and slow driving. That's on a 14 mile commute each way to work and back. So I don't think 26mpg is that bad for an old car

Personally I'd jack the back end up quick time and see how free the rear wheels are

I second that. Check the rear calipers mine my left one got a bit sticky and was braking constantly, definately didnt help my mpg. Lol..

Everyone says it smelt of petrol big time after i removed the cat but am i the only one who loved the smell?? lol

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT