what colour smoke is what?

My car on tickover gets abit hot then smoke comes out back smells like burning i gather its turbo seals? Kinda bluey/clear i think. Need help! No smoke when driving all fine. Sometimes when in boost and change a puff comes out. Engine got no noises or what so ever

IF its a turbo? Didn't actually read this properly you didn't state if it was or not but looking at your username im assuming its an NA?

My bad

sorry mate its a glanza v. Had a sportif when i was 17 lol.

But this smoke stinks lol and only does on tickover now and then. Yes its bluey white. Saying i still got cat in standard turbo from new. And manifold. And 180km on clock so around 110k miles

I would go with turbo, valve stem seals will smoke like buggery on the first start up in the morning (big puff!) and smoke under vacuum.

I'd say turbo from what your describing mate :)

Edited by ROTABOOST

Turbo seals would be blue wouldn't it? I think if it's white it's the turbo itself?

Tom.

the turbo seals being worn and the turbo having excess bearing play will both lead to oil passing into the turbine and burning a bluish white.

I would say it does sound a bit like a turbo fault, mine was exactly the same when my turbo had died. Smoke on idle and a puff when coming off the throttle.