blitz ct9 k1 turbo

Anybody have any info on these? Fancy one in the near future if I can get my hands on one :) everyone goes on about the td04 but me been me I like to be different I have heard their mid range spool is great, the problem is I would want to have it rebuilt might be more trouble than anything else...

Tbh there a nice turbo because it says blitz on the side of it lol

Na realy you could have a better turbo made for you bud! The K1 is a stock ct9a turbo just with a ct12 compressor wheel!

You could get a much better compressor wheel like the billet wheel along with cutback exhaust turbin blades, 360 degree thrust bearing etc! That would piss all over a K1

Edited by micky boy

Tbh there a nice turbo because it says blitz on the side of it lol

Na realy you could have a better turbo made for you bud! The K1 is a stock ct9a turbo just with a ct12 compressor wheel!

You could get a much better compressor wheel like the billet wheel along with cutback exhaust turbin blades, 360 degree thrust bearing etc! That would piss all over a K1

Sounds good to me Micky lol where do I start? I need what you have built yours looks the bee's knee's!! Edited by Gainzy

If you like your Ct9's mate and dont mind spending the money Fensport offer a good ct9 hybrid turbo but they dont have the billet compressor wheel they just have some sort of uprated compressor wheel! There turbo is about £600

Or you could gather some bits like i did and make your own turbo!

What i do plan on doing next though is sending Liam D my turbo along with a billet compressor wheel get it balanced etc then ill be happy with my set up!

Im going to buy one of these i know its an ebay job but 9/10 half of the stuff used over here is either from china or japan so makes no diffrance

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinugawa-Billet-Turbo-Compressor-Wheel-TOYOTA-CT9-36-02-50-0-mm-Dual-4-4-Blade-/130986266529?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e7f63cfa1

Edited by micky boy

Awsome will I need the inlet size of the tongs hybrid? We talked about buying the bits from fensport last time so that compressor wheel and the fensport kit is that the whole thing? I just want to keep it simple without LSD and rolling on 4kg 14" wheel I don't need mad power cause it's useless to me haha :)

Do you have a tongs hybrid like?

I was thinking you just had the stock ct9B! What i've used is a Lucida ct9A compressor housing and a ct9B compressor wheel but with the ct9B compressor wheel been slightly bigger then the ct9A compressor housing i had to get the housing bored out so that the wheel could fit!

If you have a tongs hybrid it might just be worth getting it rebuilt as i dont think you will be able to find a billet wheel to fit the tongs big intake on the compressor housing as im sure the tongs has an extra flange welded on the intake side im not sure!

If you want to skip the tongs hybrid and want to gather your own bits then ill write a list of what you need which isnt much tbh depending on what you want doing

Edited by micky boy

Cool Micky thanks am way ahead of myself with car parts lately be an after christmas job, your turbo sounds mad good research on that! I don't have a hybrid just the stock. I fancy keeping the stock size, are the intakes on the lucinda's the same size as stock? I see full TD04 set ups going for £550 the prices just seem too good lol al try get a hold of a knackered cheap turbo just unsure, tongs or stock? :)

Yeah the td04 kits go prity cheap like but its what you want to live with realy and i like the ct9

If you where running a ct9A off a GT then yes the lucida compressor housing will fit stright on no mods needed as the ct9A off the GT and lucida are the same turbo

But with you haveing a glanza i would of thort you would be running a ct9B turbo which has a bigger compressor wheel and an extra exhaust turbin blade! There for you will have to get the housing bored out like i had to!

So even if you bought a second hand Lucida ct9A turbo cheap as you only need the housing buy a billet wheel send your ct8B turbo along with the lucida housing to get Liam to work his wonder and you'll have a prity nice turbo and you also get to keep the same size housing where the air filter go's on as all that will be getting done is boring the hole out so to speak so the bigger billet wheel can fit in there :)

Edited by micky boy

This is about the cheapest Lucida ct9 i can find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-estima-lucida-emina-turbocharger-2-2-turbo-CT9-1991-1993-/291006292037?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43c153a045

I paid £60 for mine only to use the compressor housing for shorter intercooler pip work but it was worth it just to do something from the norm

And yeah its all about the money matey

Edited by micky boy

The k1 is a bit more than that mickey! I'm pretty sure that it uses the ct12a shaft and turbine housing, which has a bigger a/r. If any one with a k1 can confirm that the code on the turbine housing is 11011.

Ohh Keirz can use get hole of new ct12a turbin shafts?

Would be good to shot one of them in my turbo along with a billet wheel :) Yeah i know of another chap that has one but he dont want to sell his one either

Edited by micky boy

The big problem micky is that the shaft that is used has a thicker bore where the compressor wheel slides on, which rules out using all the ct9 range of compressor wheels. You could however drill the compressor out to fit but then your running the risk of weakening it and causing balance problems.

I could find out if I can source the k1 shafts, obviously they would need to be paired with 11011 turbine housing, again the bearing housing have a slight differences too, they take a heat shield behind the head of the shaft.

Would be a little more lag than a conventional hybrid I would guess, maybe k1 users could confirm?

I once built a hybrid using a custom shaft that I made which was huge compared to stock ct9 and it took a hell of a lot of work to machine the turbine housing, that was a bit more lag but the kick it gave at mid range was worth it, made 198 at 1 bar on that one but the power delivery was great on road. I was restricted on compressor end due to the problem I stated above, so comp end could have been more impressive and I'm sure it would have made bigger power figures.

Edited by keirz