any ye lads watch this last nite, poor groves was fuking robbed, this is why boxing is rotten, were was the ref to step in and stop the fight in the first round..

froch may have won the belt but lost some fans, groves may have lost the belt but gained new fans and respect for living up to his word and what he would so to froch..

groves to come back even better

It was a tough decision for the ref, groves was in trouble, looking down back turned clearly hurt, unfortunately you can't give a standing 8 count unless groves took a knee. So it was either stop the fight or risk damage to groves.

I agree it was a bit of a disappointing finish to a fight that was much more even than expected, I feel if the ref didn't stop it, froch would have finished it off in that round.

Lost a lot of respect for froch at the end interview though

I was gob smacked! I've watched boxing since I was 10 and Froch without doubt has the hardest chin in boxing.

Groves prooved he could KO people, but never at a world title level, and he proved he can hit hard with the first knockdown for Froch. That's the second time Froch has EVER taken in 10 count which is impressive. But it wasn't the best knockdown, Froch was caught cold and early. But you cant take it away from Groves. He said he would rock him in the first 3, but I guess he never thought he would knock him over!

The ref ending it was in my eyes a GOOD decision, you could see groves took a right hook and bounces onto the ropes, then took 3 in quick succession, I think 10 seconds later Groves would of been on the floor, he was without doubt in trouble and he even admitted it in the interview.

All i can say is I can't wait for the rematch. Froch won't underestimate him this time!

But c'mon what a brawl!!

Edited by Zeldoz

bit of a poor stoppage tbh, froch wasnt landing any clean shots it was just a flurry of shots that an experienced ref should have seen wernt causing any damage, he was standing on his feet covered up throwing back a few shots which any boxer would do under pressure, getting a bit sick of this "early" stoppages in the big fights always in the champs favour, hopefully see a rematch next year !

It was a tough decision for the ref, groves was in trouble, looking down back turned clearly hurt, unfortunately you can't give a standing 8 count unless groves took a knee. So it was either stop the fight or risk damage to groves.

I agree it was a bit of a disappointing finish to a fight that was much more even than expected, I feel if the ref didn't stop it, froch would have finished it off in that round.

Lost a lot of respect for froch at the end interview though

i agree with you on the part with losing respect for froch with that interview, he just mad he got schooled by a much younger fighter.. deep down you can see in his eyes that he knows he lost,, and what the hell were the judges watching did ya here the score card.. my god mr magoo could have scored the fight better and he;s blind..

i can honestly say, i respect groves and i take him very seriously now as a fighter, i for one want him to succeed and be world champion