i will see what the guy mapping my car says as he will have an idea how far to take them. then i will take it for a dyno run to see how it gets on. im not chasing numbers just a decent setup with the parts ive already got.

bit more progress

skirts off and absolutely full of mud and dirt! they had quite a bit of weight to them! so a good weight saving made!

20140209_172227_zpsw9bhjhca.jpg

first impressions of the sills looks good

20140209_172258_zpsi1wgzzbt.jpg

20140209_172332_zpsintngfhw.jpg

but not all is well, i noticed where the arch lip folds round it wasnt 100% so i separated the 2 metal panels and had a look between them and it looked a bit orangy.

so i cut a hole to get a better look

20140209_194701_zpsza7lybve.jpg

so all this needs cut out and new metal welded in, good job i recently fixed my mig welder!

Next i realised i hadnt removed the rubber bushes and metal inserts on the diff carrier :tongue: this was a right mission to get them out. lots of blow torch action, poking, scraping wd40 for more fire powers.

20140210_192000_zpsopgwfezn.jpg

and then the rubber came out but i was still left with the metal insert which just wouldnt come out. in the end i had to cut round it inside with the dremel until i got a decent part to hit with my chisel from underneath. then it came out. the first one was a ball ache but the second one wasnt as bad.

you can see where i cut it in this pic. the little cutting discs for dremels are great, im using it all the time these days.

20140210_204315_zps72h85sqz.jpg

and job done.

20140210_204229_zpsqtpvkpwq.jpg

thats finally everything ready for the powder coaters, im also getting the bumper bar done, this had a few snapped bolts in which i had to drill out.

I also got that snapped bolt out of the end of the drive shaft which was a good job done and saved me buying another one. i just need to order the new bolt when i do my next big order at Toyota! slow progress as always but slow and steady wins the race! :lol:

• 6 years later...

Yours doing some job on this bean keep up the class work  had the pleasure of owning one of these it was a red wrc model no 1955/2500 i sunk €18 thousand into the engine to have it go bang after getting it back 10 days after completion im still sore over it when i think about it  must be 10/12 years ago now would love another one  some day