Heater controls, manual to electric

Anyone changed from manual to electric? Want to relocate the controls to the glove box so need them to be electric. Have the complete interior loom from a Glanza with electric controls if this helps. What else needs changing?

I only mean the heater controls, not the heater matrix, I think the electric controls are fitted to cars with climate control, anyone ever upgraded to climate control?

I'm trying to source the parts to do this myself as knobs look crap.

I'd assume there's like motors or solenoids that actuate the duct direction that you'll neef

I'm trying to source the parts to do this myself as knobs look crap.

I'd assume there's like motors or solenoids that actuate the duct direction that you'll neef

I'd really like to do this too, so you'd have an efficient but very minimal setup, just think it would be a lot of work...

This thread made me search for some kind of electric climate control so that even on cars without climate control like mine can be upgraded to have a climate control like for example in the VW Touran of my father. There you set one target temperature and the car heats or cools the inside always to that temp. Would be awesome in our cars to modernize them. Because I think more modern cars all look boring and dull and I don't like that they are built with too much electrics.

My father has his on 20,5ºC all the time ^^

I'm always gathering info on what is doable to modernize the Starlet. Only one thing I don't want to modernize are the windows, I have manual ones and want it to stay that way. I love living near a harbour or coast and if everything fails and I manage to drive my car in the water I want to be able to open the windows to escape fast.

Well, sorry for off topic. But I think I'll start a new one on that, maybe others are interested in that too, although for a beginning it's rather theoretical at least on my side because of lack of money.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I have done this on my glanza conversion, You also need the Engine loom aswell as dash loom. You will need to drill another hole on the bulk head to let the wires through.

You also need to change your whole heating system as the manual one is controlled by a metal wire. Its alot of work for very minimal change.

You might also struggle to find the correct parts.