Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

That's not too bad, I used a Toffee wheel and it was done in 20mins. I need to give mine a deep cut and polish now to bring the paint back to how it was

Yeah a toffee wheel would of been ideal but I couldn't get hold of one at short notice haha, yeah, been looking at your progress mate,

it's looking good!

Looks ao much better mate!

Cheers mate! :) more to come soon!

Hi mate looking good quick questions just for my own car what size wheels are they 14/15? Cheers keep it up

Cheers mate! :) and they're 16's haha, Maby just a little bit to big for a starlet, ideally you want 15's or below :)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers bud, it's getting there don't think I've spent no more than £400 on it including the car so it's just a bit of fun on a budget!

same here dude I've been so lucky with mine spent about 440 so far inc buying the car n got a fair bit for my car already! Feel quite lucky tbh :)

You are lucky. My car was (all in Euro, mind) 1400 alone, then the Spoiler 170, For the Rolla intake and the UK "Passenger" Rear light (obv drivers side on mine) 70, 20 the clear indicator lenses, 15 the gearknob, 25 Paseo interior, 15 double DIN midle console, 10 the clear side repeaters and so on. And the brake light in my spoiler doesn't even work and I don't know where to source a new one.

And I didn't even count stereo, spare parts like leads or Rims or stuff like that. Until now I think I spent at least 500 Euro for parts for my car and are not NEARLY finished.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I updated this so, I've now got the can backbox fitted!, its got a really nice deep loud note to it. I've also stone chip protected the whole underside of the car and all the arches and also freed off all the seized suspension bolts in prep for fitting my coilovers this weekend! :) I also bought a TTE spoiler that might be getting fitted at some point. My cusco strut brace ends are also at the powder coaters, I just need to trim the rear plastics for it to fit now :)

Once the coilovers are fitted the back seats will be coming out and I'll be looking for some bride front seats. I also need to roll the front arches so I can get the car nice and low because arches will catch the tyres.

that's all for now, will post some pictures at the weekend:)

Lee

So today I removed the side bump strips, I wasn't too sure about removing them because I quite liked them but they didn't really go with the custom sportif stickers I have so they had to go.Took absolutely ages to remove all the glue! but I think it looks much better and cleaner :)

I also got my TRD gear knob from Jamie5414 fitted as well, it looks really good and feels much better than the standard one!

If all goes well, I'll hopefully be fitting my coilovers in the next couple of weeks! and hopefully fitting my sportif decals tomorrow :)

Lee.

IMG_15501_zpsa25fca04.jpg

IMG_15511_zpseb6eb9fe.jpg

IMG_15521_zpsefecec54.jpg

IMG_15541_zpsc39023bc.jpg

What did you use to remove all the glue ? Cheers
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers everyone! :thumbsup:

So I finally got the cusco coilies fitted! got the car on a 4 post ramp witch made it a lot easier and then I got it tracked. The car handles and looks a lot better now and I'm really happy with it! It will be going lower at the weekend, I just set it at that height to let them settle in, I've also put a tiny bit of camber on the front wheels :) I've also taken the back seats out, I just need to take a couple of brackets out and the seatbelts then I'll be fitting my cusco rear strut brace once I've trimmed the plastics.

Few pics, will get some better ones at the weekend :)

IMG_19651_zps837f0147.png

IMG_19621_zps616a50a2.jpg

IMG_19611_zps2969a732.jpg

IMG_19571_zps857a3d75.jpg

IMG_19781_zps8cacca25.jpg

IMG_19791_zpsb9677615.jpg

IMG_19921_zpsd6978b2e.jpg

Looks really clean mate , love the red !

Cheers man! :thumbsup: Yeah the red comes up well with a cut and polish.

Miles better!

Thanks mate! finally getting there :)

Looking amazing mate, love red starlets!

Awsome man...

Cheers mate! :thumbsup: It's finally getting there.

Edited by Lee-Robo
  • 1 month later...

Haven't updated in a while, so at the weekend I got the scuttle panel off and painted it in satin black to tidy it up, looks much better now and a lot cleaner! I've also got a corolla inlet manifold to go on once I order a new gasket and a TB gasket :) I also have some wind deflectors on their way and some other bits. I've also managed to strip the rear of all the seat brackets and seat belts. I should be getting some SR or Paseo dials at some point too. Pics to follow soon :)

Lee.

• 1 month later...

Haven't really been doing much with this lately but I've got some oem wind deflectors fitted and I've also got some paseo dials to go in at some point :) I'm also on the look out for some new wheels with more dish on them!

Lee.

• 1 month later...

So a long overdue update... I lost a bit of interest in the car and sold a couple of the parts I had to go on, but I've now bought better replacements. I've got a corolla inlet mani to go on and new gaskets from Idworkz, white paseo dials to go in, jdm Reflet rear lights and a couple more things on their way. I've also had to get a new N/S brake calliper and I've fitted new Aux belts I also stone protected the underside again and tidied a few bits up. :) I've also now got a TRD gear knob and a bride gear stick gaitor fitted too!

IMG_22271_zpsxq2hqa43.jpg

IMG_22631_zpsu2yhevyf.jpg

IMG_35081_zpsd34iek5n.jpg

IMG_35901_zpsiqjmk7fj.jpg

IMG_35851_zps0qgx2ham.jpg