Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A long overdue update! Still got the starlet, just. after nearly getting rid of it for an mx5 but i decided against it. Haven't really done much to it apart from fit the JDM Alpha horns, service it again, used some stencils on the tyre side walls and I also acquired some of the rare OEM headlamp protectors from Rory Webb. top seller if anyone wants to buy anything from him :). Now there's a bit of a hole come through on the sill and the wheel arch is starting to bubble up, had a feel around and the rot feels as though it goes halfway down the sill. so once the mot is up It will most likely be getting repaired and all welded up and re painted or the other option is finding another clean n/a and swapping all the bits over. but the body on this one is really clean! Here's a few pics...

IMG_63911_zpsft5guzya.jpg

IMG_63921_zpsd2nkm7kn.jpg

IMG_71321_zpshrefc822.jpg

IMG_73681_zpsqlw7dnqb.jpg

IMG_75551_zps0rfdb8yr.jpg

IMG_75561_zpsu4a8k32t.jpg

It will most likely workout cheaper to get the rot cut out and replaced! Plus you know that car inside and out, So you know there wont be any issues with it.

But make sure you tell them you want it all cut out and replaced not just bogged over :)

It will most likely workout cheaper to get the rot cut out and replaced! Plus you know that car inside and out, So you know there wont be any issues with it.

But make sure you tell them you want it all cut out and replaced not just bogged over :)

Yeah mate! :) I'd be doing it my self in the bodyshop with assistance from from people so that shouldn't be an issue. I think the inner panel might have some rot in it as well but I'll only know once the outer has been cut off lol :)

So over the pas month I've got a few bits done. I fitted a new bosch battery, a Race work developments battery tie down and oil cap and polished up the rocker cover. I also fitted some 10mm spacers on the front to give it a little bit more poke. I also bought a false floor from Bradley Jenkins Jap Performance featured Glanza, so I wrapped it all in suede to match the door cards and got that fitted in :) and I got some pics of the raptor line on the sills. Pics..

IMG_55301_zpsnayud9x2.jpg

IMG_55471_zpsrv9igf4f.jpg

IMG_56441_zpsbw8yz7zy.jpg

IMG_56451_zpsxcr4ihdo.jpg

IMG_56461_zpsuexlleos.jpg

IMG_56471_zpsw3ejbpao.jpg

IMG_56481_zpsec2hx4kv.jpg

Mate do you have a link to where you bought the false floor from, outstanding job.

Pete

• 4 months later...

So this weekend I got the parcel shelf fitted! :)and I got the loom out of the rear quarter which was a challenge to say the least. Finding the loom was the easy part, but putting the plastics back in with out braking any trim clips was the hard part!

To get the loom through the plastics I just got hole drill bit cutter and cut a hole through it. However the speakers sound so much better now! and you don't have to turn your volume right up to hear the radio :) I also think it looks quite cool too.

I have fitted my speaker shelf last night (I got it from Lee - thanks a million Lee - it arrived in spottless condition!) and pulling them panels was challenging a bit all right.

I eventually found the plug and connected it but they speakers don't work - do I also have to connect the wire at the radio side I wonder? And does it involve dismantling whole center panel or will I be able to do it when fitting my cup holders (also from Lee!)?

Will my OEM radio-cassette send the sound to the back if it doen't have front-rear fade regulation?

Thanks in advance - I am a complete greenhorn in relation to car audio!

• 8 months later...

Well I haven't been on here in a good while so I'll put an end to this build thread! Sadly last year i found the starlet was completely rotten on the rear sill and the wheel arch area. Its was pretty much just held together with sealer and filler so I striped the best bits off and sold them on here and kept a few bits my self. The car then went to the scrapheap in the sky! :( I currently have a 1991 Celica GT-R Import and a 1990 MX5 Eunos roadster but fingers crossed I'll be picking up another Starlet within a few weeks....

37313757344_762674ef6d_z.jpg

Edited by Lee-Robo