Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

Well as some of you know I was looking for a little starlet for my first car! After months and months of searching for one local,one finally popped up in Carlisle so I went and had a look at it today and bought it!! Its a little red 1997 Starlet Sportif with 87K on the clock and I only paid £475 for it!

A few things need tidied up like the interior and a good polish is needed but overall I'm really pleased with it! :)

Parts I've got to put on:

-K&N panel filter

-Glanza front sturt brace

-Glanza cup holders

-New headunit

-OEM Carpet mats

-Import number plates (Ordered)

They should all be fitted tomorrow! and hopefully I'll be getting some Adikt Excel wheels, 16x7j and et35 with maxxis tyres tomorrow!

Then plans are to lower it, fit a splitter, put a new backbox on, a good service and Iridium spark plugs and some other little things :)

Pictures will follow when it stops raining!

Edited by Lee-Robo
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today I got the starlet T-cut and polished with carnauba gold wax a little bit and the paint work has came up very nicely! So I'll just have to do the rest of the car and it'll be perfect.

I also got the Glanza cup holders fitted and a new head unit fitted in place of the original Sony one :) Also I got my new WHEELS!! thanks to Pinske for those and got them fitted on the car! Let me know what you guys think.

I've still got to fit the strut brace, K&N panel filter and I've got the import style plates ordered! I'm going to order a yaris rear wiper just for a cleaner look and take the Sportif stickers off in the next couple of days, I'm not sure about taking the bump strips off at the minute because I quite like them!... :p

Anyway here's a few pics of the car for now!!

What it looked like yesterday when I bought it

IMG_03801_zps1398b7ab.png

IMG_03881_zpsd3b28146.jpg

IMG_03941_zps844709c7.jpg

How it looks now with the new wheels on!

IMG_03951_zps848db8fd.jpg

IMG_03971_zps7955c80e.jpg

IMG_03961_zpse4c20ae1.jpg

The difference between the standard wheels and the Adikts ;)

IMG_03931_zpse3322953.jpg

And a before and after!

IMG_03981_zps1f4cf471.jpg

I'll have to get a few pics of the engine bay and the interior when I get a chance but the car is getting there! :)

Its like mine when I got my rotas for my blue starlet, its amazing how much wheels can make a difference. Get a strut brace on there and throw it into a corner and you wont believe how much it sticks! :)

Get it lowered bud, gonna keep my eye on this thread :)

: wish my red one was all the same colour :(

Its like mine when I got my rotas for my blue starlet, its amazing how much wheels can make a difference. Get a strut brace on there and throw it into a corner and you wont believe how much it sticks! :)

Get it lowered bud, gonna keep my eye on this thread :)

: wish my red one was all the same colour :(

Cheers mate! :) its appreciated! The wheels have made a huge difference to the way it looks!

Yeah getting it lowered is on my to do list, Just lack of funds doesn't help :(

I've read through both your progress blogs, Shame about the blue one :( absolutely love that colour! and yeah I've seen how faded yours is :(

Edited by Lee-Robo

So today I polished the rest of the starlet and the paint work looks great! I also used Autoglym bumper and trim gel on the scuttle panel and wing mirrors to bring the plastic back to life!

I also got the sportif stickers off, the K&N panel filter fitted, original rear wiper off ready for when the Yaris one arrives, the old number plates off ready for the import ones! and of course i got the UKSO decals fitted ;)

I've also made my front grill black and I'm planning on spraying the front door surrounds satin black to match the black around the back window! I also have a GT Turbo rear spoiler and I might see if I can get that to fit.

Next on the to do list is give it a full service, cam belt, oil, brakes etc and get a splitter sorted for it! :)

Sorry for the photo spam!! :p

IMG_04031_zps8feeff65.jpg

IMG_04001_zpsdb091eb9.jpg

IMG_04011_zps6b894907.jpg

IMG_04071_zpsdff30f63.jpg

IMG_04081_zpsacf67bee.jpg

IMG_04091_zps78f6cb9d.jpg

IMG_04101_zpsa10e118d.jpg

IMG_04111_zps4de5a760.jpg

IMG_04121_zps5cccf527.jpg

IMG_04131_zpscd351652.jpg

IMG_04141_zpsd5850a87.jpg

IMG_04161_zps5facfe1d.jpg

Comes up very shiny matey little bit lower next to suit those wheels looks like you had a bargain there.

James

Cheers buddy! :) yeah I'd love to get her lower just got to tax, MOT and insure her in the next little while :( but I'll get there eventually!!

Edited by Lee-Robo

I want thisssss, sell me it :)

haha :) Cheers buddy!

Updates are good buddy!, Paints come up a treat, wish mine did lol.

Black and red is a quality combo!!!

Pic whore away its your thread!, Keep em coming.

Cheers mate! :), yeah the paints come up very well!, better than I expected to be honest.

Yeah I think black will go perfectly with the red!

Haha, yeah! I just like taking lots of photos :p They show the car better than I describe it!

Right, there's not much to update you on but I got my Yaris rear wiper fitted and my import plates, locking wheel nuts and magnetic sum plug also arrived:).

I've put the normal long number plates back on for now because one of the previous owners has drilled the tail gate on the edges and put screws in to hold the number plate on :( this has over time rusted and the paint has bubbled up and It doesn't look good! :( But I Have ordered a Glanza number plate surround! :D So that should be arriving soon!

I'm off to the scrappie this weekend to get a few bits and bobs and hopefully get a splitter! :)

Also because I'm thinking of spraying the door surrounds black, I decided to do a mock up with Black insulation tape :p So let me know what you think of the Idea.

This weekend if the weather is good I should be painting the drums, changing the Oil and filter and obviously fitting the magnetic sump plug! I should also be fitting the locking wheel nuts and a splitter if I get one :)

Just a couple of pics

Mock up of the door surrounds with insulation tape...

IMG_04191_zpse13803f2.jpg

IMG_04181_zps7df1b55e.jpg

And a quick one I got today of the yaris rear wiper :)

IMG_04381_zps9b9bc6c8.jpg