On 8/7/2017 at 5:41 PM, ChristopherEP70 said:

Fitted the loom,mounted the ecu and the turbo and few other bits and pieces

10z4dux.jpg

Chris when you were putting in the 4efte, did u use the ecu off your old glanza and use the glanza loom for the engine and starlet look for the rest of the car? I'm just after buying an ep71 and want to convert to 4efte all information would be appreciated. I've a bit off work ahead of me 🤣

Screenshot_20200429_132115_com.whatsapp.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually not that much work. I used the glanza ECU,ignitor,coil, had a loom made to run the engine with a positive and negative to get the loom working,used the original starter,alternator etc and had the original loom working these parts. Used aftermarket gauges for oil temp,oil pressure,water temp etc. Used the Glanza drives,wishbones,brakes,discs etc. Used the glanza fuel pump in the original tank but it can run dry if you corner hard as theres no baffles in the original tank but you'd be better off with a better set up as it's a bit of a pain 

15 minutes ago, ChristopherEP70 said:

Its actually not that much work. I used the glanza ECU,ignitor,coil, had a loom made to run the engine with a positive and negative to get the loom working,used the original starter,alternator etc and had the original loom working these parts. Used aftermarket gauges for oil temp,oil pressure,water temp etc. Used the Glanza drives,wishbones,brakes,discs etc. Used the glanza fuel pump in the original tank but it can run dry if you corner hard as theres no baffles in the original tank but you'd be better off with a better set up as it's a bit of a pain 

Sound Chris I appreciate the help, good man. Did it cost you much to get that loom made up? Also if I go doing the conversion by the sounds of it I'm best off get a glanza donor car? 

Where abouts in Ireland are you based I'd love to get a look at your car after the coronavirus gives over 😂

8 minutes ago, Peter Tobin said:

Sound Chris I appreciate the help, good man. Did it cost you much to get that loom made up? Also if I go doing the conversion by the sounds of it I'm best off get a glanza donor car? 

Where abouts in Ireland are you based I'd love to get a look at your car after the coronavirus gives over 😂

The loom cost €100, I don't know if the fella is still making them or not but I've one I'm not using if your interested ? If you can pick up a full Glanza for the right money that's what I'd do. Would make life a bit easier 

Edited by ChristopherEP70