The budget Coilovers Setup polo 6n / golf ( rear end update )

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you trust the seller ok? He's offering me to pay by PayPal. 170 delivered I assume that's by a gift.

Never send money by gift, best to pay the few pounds more for peace of mind. Did it take long to get a reply from the seller

Never send money by gift, best to pay the few pounds more for peace of mind. Did it take long to get a reply from the seller

Aye suppose so for the sake of £10 or so. I sent him a message at 5/6 this evening and he replied there a hour ago with his mobile number. He asked for my PayPal address and he is going to send me a invoice so I assume that's just like paying for goods

Aye suppose so for the sake of £10 or so. I sent him a message at 5/6 this evening and he replied there a hour ago with his mobile number. He asked for my PayPal address and he is going to send me a invoice so I assume that's just like paying for goods

ya mate he send me an invoice like that to to make the payment dont worry this guy is sound out he does it this way becouse he does not have it advertised mk2 and mk1 as a set on egay wen payed within 5 working days the coils wiill arrive on your door mate

ya mate he send me an invoice like that to to make the payment dont worry this guy is sound out he does it this way becouse he does not have it advertised mk2 and mk1 as a set on egay wen payed within 5 working days the coils wiill arrive on your door mate

Ah that sounds good. Just wanted to be sure. Edited by karl.

^^^^ yes mate i didn not at first but then dac69er told me to fit washers so it wont rub on the rear beam so i cut a tat extra off so washers fitted in

wel spotted mate :)

So you run two washers in between the shock and where it bolts to the axle? Would cutting the metal bit of the shock and leave it the same as the standard shock not be better?

Eg the bit where the bolt goes through is wider than the bit that holds it?

So I got my rears fitted this evening. But I think I have done it wrong? The way I put the rears together was the spring then the cup then the silver tube/washer?

Sits far too high and it looks like there is too much space between the cup and the top rubber mount? Maybe the tube/washer is meant to go below the spring cup?

Sits roughly about a inch above the tyre at the minute with it fully screwed down.

Seems comfortable and takes the bumpers well at the minute. I will fit the front at the weekend.

Sits far too high and it looks like there is too much space between the cup and the top rubber mount? Maybe the tube/washer is meant to go below the spring cup?

---------

sping / tube / cup / topmount / topmount washer / topmount nut

i dont know how urs sits 1" higher look at my pic above i can go lower then that thats on 14"

did you get the same coils as i did ?????? or the polo 1s ?????

wat you can do is cut more of the tube and fit it ontop of the cup !!!!!

so spring / cup / mount / topmount washer / bush / topmount nut

past a pic of what you have now

Edited by 5e colin

---------

sping / tube / cup / topmount / topmount washer / topmount nut

i dont know how urs sits 1" higher look at my pic above i can go lower then that thats on 14"

did you get the same coils as i did ?????? or the polo 1s ?????

wat you can do is cut more of the tube or fit it under the cup !!!!!

past a pic of what you have now

That seems to be my problem I have

sping / cup / tube / topmount / topmount washer / topmount nut

Yeah I have the golf ones the same as you and they are screwed completely down to lower it with the softest spring setting. I will change the cup/ tube around this evening and get some pictures up of the max drop.