The budget Coilovers Setup polo 6n / golf ( rear end update )

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Karl did u get sorted

Sorry lads I've just got the back ones fitted so far

IMAG0083_zpsr3fsdpor.jpg

That's it on its lowest possible setting on 15" wheels. Hoping it's going to sink down a bit more. Please excuse how dirty my car is by the way lol.

Handling wise, it's more comfortable but for the first time ever the back of my car stepped out going around a corner but I did lift off pretty hard and I was just out of the car wash so I am a little more cautious now.

I will get the fronts fitted soon enough

take helpers out if you want another 2" drop, just take it handy on corners:P

That's alright but the whole point in wanting them was that the spring would be tight in the shock unlike the lowering springs I have.

3 points here if a spring isn't tight.

Yeah didn't realise how hard I was going lol on the private runway with a corner in it

Sorry lads I've just got the back ones fitted so far

IMAG0083_zpsr3fsdpor.jpg

That's it on its lowest possible setting on 15" wheels. Hoping it's going to sink down a bit more. Please excuse how dirty my car is by the way lol.

Handling wise, it's more comfortable but for the first time ever the back of my car stepped out going around a corner but I did lift off pretty hard and I was just out of the car wash so I am a little more cautious now.

I will get the fronts fitted soon enough

they will drop a small bit !!!! i dont understand why your gap is bigger on 15" alloys then on my car with 14"

also you can go lower then that by cutting more off the sleeve !!!! or fitting it ontop of the cup she will be 1" lower then rubbing the arch

the fronts you will have less then 1 finger space between tyre and arch

Edited by 5e colin

I have the tube thing at the very top inside the car so it's as low as they go without removing the helper spring. Il see how they are after a week or so and get a few more pictures

Did u screw the spring all the way down and screw the bottom mount all the way in?

Lookin forward to the next stage, if u need a hand gimme a shout

noel its not neaded if you wanted just keep a 5mm thick piece like the piece you cut off stick that under the cup and use the long bit ontop of the topmount !!!!!

your tyres will be rubbing the arches then

also make sure to measure before working on the 2 holes on the front struts !!!!!!!!!!!! massive camber if just enlarging them !!!!!!!!!! so before filing mark it where you want it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bottom bole closest to the shock and the top 1 out wards so you get an idea of how to where to !!!!!!!!

I finally got around to fitting the front coilovers this eve. Pretty Simple and straight forward to do. The hardest bit would be is drilling out the holes to mount the coilovers to the hub.

Heres some pictures of the lowest setting in the front and rear. Havent done many miles since fitting the rears so I still expect it to settle down a bit yet and expect to have to raise the front after a while.

Some pictures

Front and Rear

IMAG0105_zpsjwxtsvfk.jpg

Rear still abit high

IMAG0106_zpsgo1exz4y.jpg

IMAG0107_zpsedljvob2.jpg

Front is perfect height for me

IMAG0108_zpswfnxx4rq.jpg

Overall Stance

IMAG0113_zpsgjmin792.jpg

Is that still as it was in last pic? You haven't messed with the configuration of the spacer yet? If so they look spot on!

How do they drive?

Thats it with the spacer above the strut top mount in the back so its as low as it could possibly go without removing the helper spring.

To be honest the back seems great, once you hit a hard bumper it doesnt send a shock throughout the car like it would of. Fronts im not sure, i only fitted them last night and the car didnt move but I will get a run out this eve and see. If its anything like the back it should be good :thumbsup:

I finally got around to fitting the front coilovers this eve. Pretty Simple and straight forward to do. The hardest bit would be is drilling out the holes to mount the coilovers to the hub.

Heres some pictures of the lowest setting in the front and rear. Havent done many miles since fitting the rears so I still expect it to settle down a bit yet and expect to have to raise the front after a while.

Some pictures

Front and Rear

IMAG0105_zpsjwxtsvfk.jpg

Rear still abit high

IMAG0106_zpsgo1exz4y.jpg

IMAG0107_zpsedljvob2.jpg

Front is perfect height for me

IMAG0108_zpswfnxx4rq.jpg

Overall Stance

IMAG0113_zpsgjmin792.jpg

ATTENTION CARL make sure to calculate your camber !!!!!!!!! and do tracking !!!!!!

nice 1 carl the front is the same as mine i still dont undrstand the rear hight diference tho !!!!! it should be 1 inch lower !!!! ere i found a pic of my fronts

Photo0024_zps724a8fd2.jpg

Yeah I made sure to drill the hole's in the so that camber would be near non existent. Going to drill them out so that I can add camber as well and go get it setup with 1deg or so on each side.

I have adjustable topmount of ksport coilovers and they dont fit sadly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...