£450 forged Glanza running 270bhp 260ftbl.... GT2860rs hybrid build!!!!!

Hi all, ive owned my glanza for around a year now and thought id start a blog.

I bought the glanza forged but many doubted it for the price I paid.

Id like to thank glanza ben cause if it weren't for him helping me with my parts and through my build it would probably be in the scrap yard as I didnt even know what id bought till he told me :)

The spec:

Standard front seats

Rear stripped out

3 point rear strut brace

Prospect b 2 boost controller

Hks turbo timer

Water temperature gauge

Boost gauge

2 peice pillar pod

ENGINE:

Scat forged condors with arp 2000bolts

Wiseco racing low comp forged 74.5mm pistons

Wiseco racing rings and clips seals

Bottom crank reground and polished rebored and honed

WEPR manifold

WEPR 3" down pipe

38mm tial external wastegate with 1bar spring

TD04L turbo

Athena 1.2 metal layer gasket

Full head rebuilt

Wiseco full ti- double valve springs

225 walbro fuel pump

New Toyota 1.5tu oil pump,

460cc

powerflex engine mounts

front strut brace

New rocker cover

Fuel pressure regulator

RS-R performance exhaust system

greddy front mount intercooler and piping

all new silicone hoses and braided hoses

Oil breather filter

TRANSMISSION:

OEM LSD gearbox

LSD drive shafts

Exedy stage 2 racing paddle clutch

Short shifter (unknown make)

MANAGEMENT:

Emanage ultimate

SUSPENSION:

d2 front fully adjustable coilovers

Tein rear adjustable coilovers

WHEELS AND BRAKES:

black racing wheels

weighing 3.7kg

6.5j

All good yokahoma tyres

brand new extended wheels nuts

I bought my glanza last year looking like this.

I was then told by glanza ben when he came to get his "bargain" oil cooler it had a tial external wastegate, wepr manifold with a td04 turbo and a greddy fmic and pipe work and an adjustable pully.... this was a good thing but meant nothing to me lol

He also told me a bad thing which was the ebay manual boost controller so I went and bought a greddy prospect b2 one instead.

This is it when I first got it.

Screenshot_2014-02-11-13-37-32_zpseucfbo

Screenshot_2014-02-11-13-02-36_zpsuzehas

Screenshot_2014-02-11-13-02-32_zpselm5bx

my greddy prospect b2 boost controller glanza ben found me on facebook to replace the crappy ebay joby boost controller.

20140318_174042_zpsb6s96a4l.jpg

my blitz turbo timer I bought as needed something to cool the engine down properly.

20140318_174050_zps703mh3qy.jpg

my smoked water and boost gaged that came with the car.

20140318_174114_zpsohmmhdfs.jpg

I then realised I had a a massive hole in my down pipe, centre section and back box so I bought another system..... which didnt fit, I so I tried again and bought a full rsr system from gainzy which is perfect.

20131110_171748_zpsthhcxehb.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-09-21-58-00_zpsnlssle

20140313_175916_zpsc4qvoxfw.jpg

I was bored of looking at a horrible engine bay so I went out and put some money into it.

stripped the intercooler pipes back to bare metal along with the strut brace, added some white and began to like it, so it bought a new rocker in white and it looked even better, I then got put off with all the old scabby hoses so I replaced what I could wither new blue hoses, then the manifold looked tatty so I added black heat wrap which looked better.... I was then happy :)

Screenshot_2014-02-18-14-42-17_zpswlmi7m

20130924_185019_zpsyu2tpyvi.jpg

IMG_20131114_214644_zpshteew2ec.jpg

glanza ben then told me to get rid of my fuel cut defender and get better manage meant so off I went for a search for an ecu.

came across this the emanage ultimate with harnesses and 3bar map sensor that russ advertised, I had to have it !

20131220_134312_zps6zmr5yug.jpg

I then got told I would need some 460cc injectors to run this ecu, off I went again on a search then zeldoz put some up for sale so I snapped them up asap ! Then had a ecu injectors and everything else I needed.

20140315_140657_zpskxpsxjal.jpg

Then got bored of my wepr kit so instead I bought glanza bens and sold mine

Screenshot_2014-02-02-20-05-31_zpsqapaof

I then got bored of looking at the wheels so I thought id add some colour and tint the fog lights to go with the wheels and spray the indicators black.

20130930_154950_zpssranigfu.jpg

IMG_20131004_203603_zpsbyxln3jf.jpg

20131004_181229_zps5reluotk.jpg

I also got bored of a few haters saying I didnt buy a forged glanza for £450 so I dropped the sump and tbh I was nervous with what id find but I was happy I did.

20131229_153107_zps3hlxezzg.jpg

20131229_153014_zpshzws1iot.jpg

I then didnt know what clutch I was running so I took off the gearbox to see what it was as it was very snappy.

it was an exedy stage 2 paddle clutch

20140223_154417_zpsztlpfkop.jpg

Then I thought while that was off I would see what gear box I had, so I popped it on facebook for opinions and it turns out its an oem lsd box so was happy again.

20140216_185821_zpsgtotjit1.jpg

I then thought id have a change of wheels so I went for light weight.

20140128_170209_zpstk4npl7a.jpg

Then I realised it was to high but I only had coils on the back, I then went for a hunt on here and found some chrishucker was selling so I snapped them up to.

then a couple of days ago my brother decided to try and move the collars on the rear coilovers...... they snapped! He put it down "his guns" clearly they were just weak and shit lol so I have now had to get rear ones then seen ollie had some for sale, so I am now buying them!

this is whats left of my tein rear coilovers, new ones will be on soon.

20140318_174008_zpsfznsfysa.jpg

Was bored today so I thought id give the car a clean and even done in the rear arches and engine bay.

20140319_181829_zpsi1bgfvtn.jpg

20140319_181714_zpsbayf6r9w.jpg

20140319_175706_zpseuyc9yvz.jpg

My little baby currently looks like this as waiting on the coilovers :)

20140319_175615_zpsmrmqgaez.jpg

These are all the pictures I have for the moment due to still an on going project, it has loads of new parts but no pictures yet to show but il be back with more !

Edited by GLANZA-MAN
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea what I was buying and the lad clearly had no idea what he was selling, he had it garaged for a year and the gearbox wouldnt go in 2nd or 4th, took it off him for 450 like that, got on to the motor way and im guessing it was just a little stiff cause after a blast it went in every gear fine :)

Quality buy there bud, gearbox alone is worth what you paid, If your going to run a greddy ultimate are you going for a bigger turbs?

Sticking with td04l for the minute mate but I will be going bigger eventually.

I have put a good amount of money in to it but at 450 I couldnt complain.

Edited by GLANZA-MAN

I saw this on swapz.co.uk did you or last owner

put it in their?

I put it there buddy to use as a blog, else id never keep up with the stuff I have bought lol

SHIIIIIIIIIT I thought I was lucky paying 1000 for a fully forged engine paddle clutch etc nice car now that mate very nice

Cheers mate I have had to put some work in to it, but I dont complain !

Amazing purchase. Even more amazing that the owner let it go for 450 even in a non running state.

It kinds shows the type of peeps buying the cars as well. No clue hence they sell so cheap.

This is true lol

Cant believe it was ony at newcastle aswell i would have snapped that up straight away if i knew it was there lol ffs looks a realy nice car mate i hope you enjoy it

Was on ebay mate, I won the bidding at 900 but when I got there I paid 450 for it..... still got the receipt haha

Hiw come you ended up giving the poor fucker half the price lol was there stuff he hadnt mentioned when you got there?

He said he had all the paper for the car but didn't and kept me waiting the 3 hours just to say he dont have it, also I took a gamble on the gearbox as mentioned but was fine soon as I got on the motorway.