Tubular turbo exhaust mani on n/a?

Hi...was just wondering if anyone had ever fitted a turbo mani to an n/a before ... and if so was there a decent gain?

I know something would have to be fabricated to replace the turbo section...some form of bypass / blank...

I have previously bought a n/a manifold to port match etc but as I'm sure you know they aren't really do-able as rather than being 100% cast like a lot of manifolds they are almost like a split pipe with a lip as you look down into it...hard to explain...

Obviously a n/a mani could be fabricated or imported but with the amount of nice second hand, cheapish turbo mani's floating around it would seem worth a shot?

Any ideas / experience / opinions?

Edit:

2014-03-28%2021.32.44.jpg

Like that...duplicate flange (hahaha...flange) and make link pipe to n/a system...

Edited by micrat

Hmm cheers thought that may be the case, I just knew of one kicking around. Will look for the 4 2 1 corrolla mani if I can find one...I'm fine with making bits of the exhaust system but not quite at manifold level yet! Shame the standard ones are so crap, used to get great results port matching on my old minis.

Hmm cheers thought that may be the case, I just knew of one kicking around. Will look for the 4 2 1 corrolla mani if I can find one...I'm fine with making bits of the exhaust system but not quite at manifold level yet! Shame the standard ones are so crap, used to get great results port matching on my old minis.

Theres loads of options such as re flanging a 4afe manifiold or any 4_1 off ebay