Right guys. I recently bought a glanza s for £200 & spun a bearing in the crank due to oil starvation. Cut the story short this engine (4efe) is propper fucked!! Now if I can source a 4efe non jdm will it fit into the loom?? I've got someone to help me fit the engine was just wondering if anyone knew about this. I know the cars have different ecu & inlet manifolds so all that will be going into the new engine but will the jdm ecu work with the uk 4efe

If you buy a UK 4EFE engine and drop that in then yeah it will work fine, just use the manifolds etc from the JDM engine and bolt them to the UK engine.

No it wont work if your glanza s has coilpacks. Youll need a bugeye corolla 4efe that has coilpacks.

The reason is because the coilpack engines have a crank sensor in the oil pump housing. You could swap oil pumps or maybe even fit the cranksensor to the uk 4efe oilpump. Dont forget to use the glanza s bottom timing belt sprocket.

If your glanza s has a normal e38 dizzy then ignore everything Ive just said :)

I think its only the late spec JDM engine that had the knock sensor, along with the DIS, green injectors, crank sensor etc. The 99 spec Carat i had used all this.

The Gen1 JDM engine i have has a threaded hole for a knock sensor, but it didnt actually use one.

Cheers mate just spoke to someone from racetech to ask & he turned around & said we won't get involved it's not a helpline what a prick all I wanted to know if it worked or not guess he's just lost a customer haha