• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing massive to report atm! Changed the head unit and rewired it all as everything was connected up wrong. :wacko:

Some pics from the other day now its back together..

14204656453_eaf7c7e49f_c.jpg

13997853759_228eb1ccf0_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had some 'fun' with this over the last few days..

Decided to give the brakes an overhaul and went ahead with getting some new Glanza disks, Glanza calipers, and new pads.

All that went on fine, drained and re-filled with some 5.1 and went to bleed it.

After about an hour and absolutely nothing happening, I started to get a bit frustrated, throw the towel in and left it until the next day. Did some investigation in the morning, and after a while discovered the Master Cylinder was goosed, wasn't pushing any fluid atal.. Probably why the brakes weren't great in the first place. Swapped that out for another, and started bleeding again. Again, backs - nothing, so tried the fronts, and finally they did. So there's a problem with the rear brakes somewhere in the system. Some more investigation and it turns out the ports for the rears on the proportioning valve was blocked, so swapped that out, and finally I have fluid going to all brakes.

Bled it and all is well. Pedal is rock hard when the cars off, but when running there's still abit to much travel for my liking, so I'm hoping it'll be as simple as adjusting the push road in the brake booster.

Going to have that sorted this weekend all being well.

Collected some new parts for her also.. New lower arms, new front bushes, new ball joints, new drop links, Glanza number plate surround and spoiler, aswell as some 98 spec rear lights :)

Cheers mate, and thanks for the offer! One of my best mates does aswell so i need to get him over to do it. How much do you charge or would you charge out of interest?

Some pics from the palva of a brake swap. Note to any n/a owners, it has made a pretty substantial difference. A worthy upgrade IMO!. :)

New v Old Comparison

14168945887_dac7183a3c_c.jpg

Old stuff all removed - nice to see the undersealed arches are holding up!

14353879752_5733c48e9b_c.jpg

New Disk mounted

14353879272_6a2e0b34cc_c.jpg

Other side - Carrier fitted and Mintex Pads fitted

14168850190_d703df5b6a_c.jpg

Caliper on, and a bit of copper grease to stop any brake squeal.

14352110281_fa7835f7c4_c.jpg

14168795638_f79fe69f42_c.jpg

And a wash and polish this evening with some Poorboys Black Hole Glaze. - Amazing stuff thats made my shit paint look alright!

14168849780_2b8eda7313_c.jpg

14168795408_95c18a50f9_c.jpg

Cheers guys! Yea I should of never given up on the grey one. Never mind tho eh! Got this one to play with now!

Cheers Phil; you can't get them anymore and as the others we faded they had to come off, need to get the boot one off also.

Should have some more exciting parts soon, not just the general maintenance rubbish!

Cheers guys! Yea I should of never given up on the grey one. Never mind tho eh! Got this one to play with now!

Cheers Phil; you can't get them anymore and as the others we faded they had to come off, need to get the boot one off also.

Should have some more exciting parts soon, not just the general maintenance rubbish!

get in touch with morgey, i'm not sure if his friend is still reproducing them?

I've got some Dark Grey/Silver/Black "SR" (Bonnet, Sides & Boot) decals that morgey made me, been sitting in a filing cabinet for a while...but they may be of some use to you if your interested?

Edited by Jamie5414

Tbh im not massively bothered about the stickers. I know all the SR fanboys will hate me, but I'm quite liking the plan un lairy look of the exterior at the moment. Thanks for the offer anyways pal :)

How far up north? If you were any where near East Lancs and didn't tell me, you'll have broken my heart.

Near derby?

Indeed phil, going to take a while, as the whole front end will be refreshed when doing so. Still sourcing parts but got the main bits!

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this for a while, have done a little bit of work on her.

Firstly ive fitted new front lower arms, new ball joints, and new drop links aswell as finally getting the rear end finished and the bumper sprayed up. So 98 spec glanza lights, glanza spoiler and numberplate surround, aswell as rear bumper. I added the bits onto the boot, not brought a new one, so it was fun wiring everything up :)

14492992769_e97e4cae34.jpg

I did buy some bits to boost her, and I've still got my WEPR manifold and Tial gate, but i don't think i can be bothered with it now.

Going to buy an S1/S3 next year. Will keep this as a runner tho.

Edited by RobSR