high oil pressure

mine broke up at a bar,

171971_500992966587067_271338845_o.jpg

this is the problem, tho this is with the bits removed, they snap off the main body of the piston, then when you remove the piston from the block, you can just flick the broken bits out

Yes - when the piston moves up in the cylinder and should be compressing the a/f mixture, pressure is escaping down the sides of the piston where the ringlands are damaged and increasing the pressure in the crankcase. Basically, the damaged ringlands are stopping the piston rings from sealing properly, it's a common problem with 4es.

Thanks for everyone's help. Was dreading a mojor problem but needed to hear other opinions be for I ripped her apart. Anyone got an idea of the easyest way to fix and what parts I will need. So I no weather it will be easier to get another motor

mine broke up at a bar,

171971_500992966587067_271338845_o.jpg

this is the problem, tho this is with the bits removed, they snap off the main body of the piston, then when you remove the piston from the block, you can just flick the broken bits out

dam mate you where really unlucky for it to snap at a bar

Yes - when the piston moves up in the cylinder and should be compressing the a/f mixture, pressure is escaping down the sides of the piston where the ringlands are damaged and increasing the pressure in the crankcase. Basically, the damaged ringlands are stopping the piston rings from sealing properly, it's a common problem with 4es.

this ^^

as these are old now and are all suffering from the same problems. alot of people (including myself) are turboing the 4efe (n/a engine) but these are only really a short term fix.

forging is an expensive route, but will cure the problems, if built correctly

dam mate you where really unlucky for it to snap at a bar

yeah, but i think it had a hard life, i heard later on from a boy who got a spin in it 2 owners ago and said it was rapid, then i gave it abit, and then went td04 at a bar, didnt go down too good, lol.