whats does everyone do for a living?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left the metal polishing factory work

Started an apprenticeship plumbing a month ago poor money but never been happier back out on site work

Same here mate, stopped polishing about a month ago and now doing a bit site work.

What sort of stuff did you used to polish?

Same here mate, stopped polishing about a month ago and now doing a bit site work.

What sort of stuff did you used to polish?

Yeah man had enough myself stainless steel tanks vesels.everything and anything aswell

Yeah man had enough myself stainless steel tanks vesels.everything and anything aswell

Yeah pretty much the same, mainly stainless filter housings, hops etc. we used to do loads of bike, car and boat bits to.

I didn't mind the job so much just the way I had to work and the people around me.

What company did you work for?

Haha man that's the same with me.

Kells stainless steel limited should give you an idea what we did

But I'd polish anything

Nothing worse when your in a tank the same diameter as your body taking off a weld seam and the grinder hops 2inches from your face lol the joys

Plumbing now on a building site loving was out off the building game for a few years

Haha yeah been there done that, I remember laying in a 24 inch round, 7 foot long vessel having to take a weld out on my back. Was pretty funny at the time tho.

I used to work for wasp polishing and we did work for the likes of Pall Europe and Amazon filters etc.

on site doing a bit of dry lining and ceiling fixing now, bit of a random change ay lol.

Well, Texa produce their own diagnostic equipment, and we at the UK software office (it's an Italian company), are responsible for making individual software systems for Ford JLR cars. So yeah, basically reads all parameters and does any settings and adjustment routines that may be on the ECU. Interesting stuff tbh.

Just finished doing nearly all of the main ECU's for the new Transit Custom and Connect, so they should be winging their way onto the next Texa IDC4 release!

Edited by Bluebear

I'm currently having myself a gap year. Or something like that lol! I make my money from doing paint jobs and producing, editing or even just the filming of video. Do other bits and bobs too like mechanics for most my mates, buy fix and sell cars when a good earner pops up. So far from my experience of going from full time work with lots of money to complete bum and scraping by but doing what I want, I'd say that everyone should try it! We're all too hooked into jobs to earn money, pay bills and buy shit we don't need. Everyone is too busy trying to build something so that they can live, and end up forgetting to live in the process!

Quit your jobs. Just do what you want to haha! As Shorty says, "the less you give a fuck the happier you'll be" :drinks:

I'm a porter at the local hospital it's not a very nice jobs some of the things I see and have to do ain't nice but the money not bad also make bit on the side detailing and mechanics :)

I did care for 4 years was pretty awesome tbh.... had some crazy times tbh the way things are very scary indeed!!

now business manager -accounts etc

so different LOL

Really want to have a go at doing that. However there isn't anything that I really want to do haha

If you're ever out of work, put enough aside to pay the bills for 4 months and give it a go. Budget as well as you can and just go do whatever takes your fancy!

I didn't enjoy my previous job one bit, so most the time I was there I was thinking of what else I could be doing with my time lol! I'm busy most the time surprisingly. I find that I WANT to do stuff that I didn't give a shit about before because I didn't care for it, being too tired or fed up etc. Simple stuff like I mow the lawn every week or turn the soil because I want to, sanded down the garden gate the other week ready to paint because it took my fancy. Or just go and help my mates out doing whatever it is because I'm free and can...... I can always find stuff I want to do but I do still tie money into in here and there because sadly the world revolves around it and you need something to live on. Also it's surprising how much money you can make from just doings bits and bobs.

If you're ever out of work, put enough aside to pay the bills for 4 months and give it a go. Budget as well as you can and just go do whatever takes your fancy!

I didn't enjoy my previous job one bit, so most the time I was there I was thinking of what else I could be doing with my time lol! I'm busy most the time surprisingly. I find that I WANT to do stuff that I didn't give a shit about before because I didn't care for it, being too tired or fed up etc. Simple stuff like I mow the lawn every week or turn the soil because I want to, sanded down the garden gate the other week ready to paint because it took my fancy. Or just go and help my mates out doing whatever it is because I'm free and can...... I can always find stuff I want to do but I do still tie money into in here and there because sadly the world revolves around it and you need something to live on. Also it's surprising how much money you can make from just doings bits and bobs.

Sadly poor girlfriend has to fork out to feed you.

^^^

Wow Domestic!! Haha

As Shorty says, "the less you give a fuck the happier you'll be" :drinks:

And too true man. It really is the best way to live life. Every one gets too stressed about life tbh.