Hi guys

I've got a ep82 starlet gt and I'm having problems fitting an air filter/induction, the car has had air con removed and apparently a bigger turbo when I brought the car it had no air filter so I brought a universal kit and silicon pipe to fit on turbo but there is no room for the pipe to fit in there? Help and ideas please

Yeah its pretty tight as the oil filter gets in the way. I let the oil filter push the silicone hose in a bit but wasn't sure if it was safe so I've meshed the turbo instead, sounds much better when spooling/boosting. Plus, I'm running a TD04

Yea I thought mesh but again dust can't get in, a engine performance builders has ordered a kit for it and they are putting a small aux belt on it and moving alternator up and pas pump

You need to measure the size of the inlet on your turbo before ordering anything. No good ordering one for a Starlet, if your car is fitted with a larger turbo. The kit will be for a CT9, not what you have.

Mine is 54mm as well, I ended up just making my own with some bits of silicon, a joiner and a ITG air filter.

10494790_10152610254669714_4789527023452

Need something like this for my TD04. Where did you get the silicon and joiner from?

You should be able to get everything from ebay.. I wanted it all in black and I couldn't find a straight joiner for cheap anywhere. I had to have something on for mapping so I stumped up the cash money for delivery from SFS which was more than the hose! Here's what I bought

54mm 90 degree bend

54mm SFS joiner

55 to 60mm silicon joiner

ITG Filter

It's tight, and I have a remote oil filter setup as well! You will have to cut the hose yourself, there are plenty of tutorials out there for that, I just used a jubilee clip as a guide. It wasn't perfect, but more than good enough.

They used a samco hose for the inlet on the turbo and a piper cross filter on the end and the put on a longer aux belt and moved the power steering pump up it brilliant :) but the chatter is quieter now when I let off boost :(

What turbo have you got TimD

If it's a Tongs then they're pretty sort after.

It's just a hybrid turbo to me though, so not sacred, I'll be changing mine for something slightly bigger at some point.