Sup,

So the time has finally come, i finally have my Starlet, after my little Daihatsu was wrote off in an accident it's onwards and upwards from here.

So here she is, I'll get better pictures tomorrow when it's light

Small bits of damage here and there but genuinly clean for 99k on the clock, full service history and no advisories on the MOT's (MOT'd last week)

Can't wait to get it started, admitidly i don't know a lot about cars but it's always been a dream of mine to have a little project car and learn along the way

Gav

:)

10519240_10201706532459794_1797056372_n_

10567296_10201706532739801_1571147514_n_

10570981_10201706554340341_1415860860_n_

Edited by GavinsBeard
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after a long morning of cleaning the interior i finally got the little gem on the road, Taxed and Insured nicely..

Noticed a couple of small things with the car; Knocking noise when i go over bumps, think it's just the exhaust catching. There's a blow somewhere in the exhaust also, and i'm pretty sure i need a new alternator. But other than that it's a great little car and i love it.

Ordered my UKSO stickers so will be representing soon ;)

Need to get the small things like import plates, wheels and a set of lowering springs for now

20140728_102529_zps3d804d09.jpg

20140728_102253_zpsd1468a6a.jpg

Pretty sure this is from someone trying to break into it, car is immaculate apart from this little bit

20140728_100731_zps2e70f1e5.jpg

Can't wait to start modding, looking at; Strut, Exhaust, Wheels and Lowering first

Edited by GavinsBeard

Done a couple of little aesthetic mods, De-wiped the rear, and changed the side lights and numberplate bulbs, Will put pics up later.

Sorted the starting problem i had, turns out it was just the battery and the knocking noise is my exhaust. Unfortunately me being clumsy in all, after putting air in my tyres at asda i kinda broke my drivers side mirror but it's getting sorted. Other than that the car is smooth.

Had to say goodbye to my first car today but not without stealing a couple of thing off it first like the bulbs, only a small thing but i think they look sick!

(First car if people were wondering, got wrote off by a van :( )

DSCN0022_zpsae463b4b.jpg

But yeah, i think these bulbs look pretty sweet on the Starlet :)

20140730_231418_zpsfe9f65ab.jpg

20140730_231429_zps2e53b10c.jpg

Also did de-wiper the rear but didn't have the right size bung, if anyone can PM me the right size or where to get one would be much appreciated :)

20140730_231450_zps28bc0598.jpg

Also looking for a splitter that fits the standard N/A front bumper, again if anyone can PM me what ones fit would be appreciated :)

Will add more updates soon :)

Edited by GavinsBeard

Looks good mate, pretty sure you need a 32mm bung for the rear wiper, I got mine off eBay was something like 99p for two. Not sure of what specific cars will fit for the splitter I just made mine out of two 13 plate yaris ones I had lying around, apparently Renault Laguna splitters fit?

Looks good mate, pretty sure you need a 32mm bung for the rear wiper, I got mine off eBay was something like 99p for two. Not sure of what specific cars will fit for the splitter I just made mine out of two 13 plate yaris ones I had lying around, apparently Renault Laguna splitters fit?

Thanks bro, i'll have a gander through ebay see what i can find and yeah i've heard Laguna splitters fit it's just finding one lol there's always that decision weather to rob one or buy one, personally i'd rather buy one :L

Just about any splitter would fit mate, provided you don't cock up the measurements when cutting it like I did! Mine was off of a Megane, and I used a heat gun to make it flex a bit easier so that it'd mould to the bumper correctly, but it might not always be necessary. Mine was about £20 from eBay, so they aren't all that expensive, but some of the more high-end ones (Seat Cupra splitters for example) cost a fair bit more.

TTE did do splitters for N/A models, but real ones are rare as. I think ID Workz does a replica though.

Edited by INEEDNAWZZZ

Just about any splitter would fit mate, provided you don't cock up the measurements when cutting it like I did! Mine was off of a Megane, and I used a heat gun to make it flex a bit easier so that it'd mould to the bumper correctly, but it might not always be necessary. Mine was about £20 from eBay, so they aren't all that expensive, but some of the more high-end ones (Seat Cupra splitters for example) cost a fair bit more.

TTE did do splitters for N/A models, but real ones are rare as. I think ID Workz does a replica though.

Auto Glym Tar Remover would be my first suggestion, especially since its fairly fresh glue, it should come off pretty easily. Plus it has the advantage of being useful for any other glue on your car (like the glue from the bump strips). I'd try washing it off with hot, soapy water first though, just to see if it makes a difference.

thinners will work just be careful on the paint mate.

whats the plans for the future then? :)

Will try that thanks for the tip bud,

and i don't really know haha, atm looking at just lowering the car and sticking a nice set of wheels on then start on the engine after

So far on getting the glue off of my boot i've tried tar remover and a heat gun but it hasn't done nothing but take a tiny bit of paint off with it so i didn't want to do anymore, rest assured that whoever did this will be bathing in acid Breaking Bad style when i find them.

10590082_10201726956970394_1857838136_n.

10569194_10201726956770389_425172677_n.j