• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick snap shot for those that don't bother to troll through my photobucket account.

That picture makes it look alot better than it is, had a terrible DIY paint job done over 10 years ago, poor thing gas been patched up with filler, old newspapers etc, all cut out now.

Has also had all new custom axle spring mounts and chassis mounts made too.

03C9D27C-02A6-4A8F-AD28-42AD186D6696.jpg

6BD76B6B-2DC3-4C1D-9C28-68FDE8FD1967.jpg

9341A398-43DC-4996-B72D-5926389C2794.jpg

Once the underside is done it's off to paint for a full re spray in the original gold, and I've got a great retro period vinyl graphics package in my head.

Will up date as things take shape. Anyone able to help with engine and gearbox from corolla please get in touch. I have a van and don't mind travelling. Cash waiting.

Would also like a LSD ! Here's hoping lol

Nice to see work like this happening thr seats for the rear springs are quite smart I must say.

I've got a 16v 4age smallport in bits if thats any use. I think the Oil pump failed so crank needs a regrind. Set of ae111 throttlebodies and you'll be well away ;)

You should turret the rear so you can run proper coil overs - I can find some photo examples if you need

Want to keep it period modified, only ever going to be a Sunday road car with the odd classic car trackday thrown in. Crap handling is part of the charm :)

Nice to see work like this happening thr seats for the rear springs are quite smart I must say.

I've got a 16v 4age smallport in bits if thats any use. I think the Oil pump failed so crank needs a regrind. Set of ae111 throttlebodies and you'll be well away ;)

Going to run bike carbs, where are you based ? The engine to be honest is the easy part to locate. The gearbox is my worry, they were a weak point anyway on the corollas so often got junked anyway.

good to see a kp project on here.

Are you planning to cut the hotrod skirts and arches off or keep them?

i need to get mine sorted out, it needs a respray and the 5k put back together.

As for the AE86 parts there all in ireland and normally daft money for what they are.

The arches and skirts are staying, unfortunately the front and rear of the car had been cut off and an odd bodge DIY valance carried out.

I'm replacing the rear with my own version and the fronts being slightly softened, loosing the harsh edges.

If I could buy new panels I would of probably cut it off. It's differant for sure and gives the car Characture so I'm not too worried. It's never going to be a show winner.