• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good! With that ignition controller, can you adjust the timing? If so I might have a timing map you can extrapolate in for a base tune

No the hyperpak is not programmable, you just set static timing at 15 degrees, it uses that as it's reference point and does the advance/retard from there.

No the hyperpak is not programmable, you just set static timing at 15 degrees, it uses that as it's reference point and does the advance/retard from there.

Ah ok cool. When you get to the point you want more go, you could always swap that unit out for a stand alone engine management and just run the ignition side so you can tune the timing. Ive done that before on a carb setup, works really well. Means that if you run some good fuel you can benefit from increasing the timing. A few degrees can make a big difference.

Finished tuning the engine today, carbs balanced, timing all set, my mate brought his gas analyser so also tweeked fueling. Runs like a champ now :)

0E75ADF7-68B6-4825-B704-D2AFF042DE56.jpg

263C3B3E-5A9A-4722-8E58-BB7361F6ED9E.jpg

81616EF9-44C0-4016-BA06-831F1B553259.jpg

Also got stuck into the graphics, hard to take a picture in the garage but you get the idea

9C4E377A-26AB-4B26-8355-55579E8C90CE.jpg

90993EDD-199A-4945-A988-BE2781035C31.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm gutted too.

The brutal truth is we want to start a family at the end if the year and also move to a bigger house.

We have 3 cars and this one will be the most unpractical. After all the hours and effort gone into it, I'm still in shock that it's up on eBay.

I'll never get another one, but the memory will stay with me forever.

Was out yesterday doing some B road bashing and doughnuts in a local car park, let out my inner child again, was great :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...