snapped exhaust head stud

hey lads i have a stud snapped of my head for the exhaust , i drilled her out and tryed to get the rest turned out , but didnt come out so now its a mess so i am going to need to drill it out bigger and fit a helicoil

so here is my question wish size do i need ????? any of my fellow starleteers have a link to a cheap ish set that i need

cheers 5e colin

try using a reverse threaded screw extractor if you have already drilled a hole in the broken stud.

I had to use on of these on a ct9 that had a snapped stud it worked a treat.

tryed al that my friend iit just al fucked up with the reverse thread

i stopped before i damaged it to much it got water logged in the threads and turned to wite dust in the threads making it impossible to come out

i can still over drill it on fit helicoil

if reverse thread does not work helicoil is probably the last option.

this may have to be done in steps from small to big to get a new thread on there use plenty of wd40 when helcoiling as it makes it easier.

see if you can get the same size stud back in after is helicoled or just use a bolt

wel i ordered the helicoil kit last week and this morning it arrived i must say its 1 of the easiest kits i have ever used im so happy it worked spot on and the thread is way stronger now i am thinking of doing the remaining 5 to

got this little kit delivered for 16euros

Photo0113_zps91fd1f84.jpg

20 minets later i ended up with this

Photo0119_zpscebeeb5c.jpg

wel happy now thats 1 head saved :) :)