Nissan March/Micra 4E-FTE Conversion

Right guys here is my Micra which has been converted into a Nissan March. My dream car is a March Super Turbo but they go for alot of money, spares are hard to find and the engines dont like being boosted over 150bhp. So my next best thing is to make a car which is better than Nissans OEM super turbo.

The plan is to do a starlet turbo converion as they are great engines in my eyes. The aim is for the car to atleast have 210bhp and for it to be a track demon really. They are good cars and handle amazingly with the right setup. They also only weight about 600-650kgs as they are tin cans which means anything over 200bhp is more than enough for this car.

The car so far.

995617_10152675540207433_412611373531379

10294231_852705221408945_389910082432387

10603215_847534238592710_551348359191550

10624740_10152675540287433_5249704834171

specs at the moment. (wont bother with my current engine setup as its pointless)

Gaz rear coilovers
BC front coilovers
pulsar front brakes with black diamond discs and mintext m1144 pads.
100nx rear brakes with brembo drums and mintex shoes.
Goodrich braided brake lines
uprated mastercylinder
front strut brace
front lower brace
full powerflow stainless steel system.
Got an Andy Robinson 6 point msa cage booked to get fitted in January.

Exterior is all standard apart from the following:
Optional mid spoiler
Nismo 14" rally wheels
march rear light
march eletric wing mirrors
March side repeaters
Starlet front mount kit (cost me near to nothing and I got bored one day so I fitted it)

First of all the conversion will be done which should be faily straight foward. I will be the first in the UK to do this converion and abou tthe 4/5th person in the world. The engine mounts all line up perfect but I need to make custom gearbox mounts and get custom driveshafts made.

Once all the kinks are sorted out I will use a racetech turbo, zizco ram horn manifold and other various parts to get me to my target of atleast 210bhp

Edited by mas12555
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awesome mate! What engines in it at the moment?

Its an MA12 which is NA but I tuned it with an 18b head (more direct ports), 3 angle vavles, 4-2-1 manifold, zzr600 bike carbs and a rolling road setup.

It clocked in at 95bhp at the flywheel which isnt too bad for an engine which was designed in 1979

Edited by mas12555

That's cool! Thought I saw a sneaky intercooler on the picture so wasn't sure if it was turbo. Fair play though!

Good luck with the turbo conversion, would it not be easier to run a Nissan turbo lump rather than a FTE?

That's cool! Thought I saw a sneaky intercooler on the picture so wasn't sure if it was turbo. Fair play though!

Good luck with the turbo conversion, would it not be easier to run a Nissan turbo lump rather than a FTE?

Yeah it has got a starlet intercooler amazingly it fitted straight on! I got aload of starlet turbo parts for near to nothing so I had an intercooler kit lying around and got bored one weekend so I fitted it.

I can go for a figaro swap but they struggle to push 120. A super turbo swap would be the best but those engines love to break cylinder linings and hate being boosted over 150 without serious mods. not to mention parts which I will have to upgrade like clutches. Good clutches will cost me £700 for a super turbo its nuts.

Sr20dets or any of the proper nissan turbo engines are just way too heavy for my liking. Everything has pointed towards a starlet engine its light, great engine and cheap parts with a massive fan base. Also will be using a starlet gearbox offcourse and I will make sure the car will have an lsd box.

Edited by mas12555

Oh damn, I've wanted a superturbo for ages, they just look the business! i recognise the mira with the blue overfenders in the first pic too, i saw it at simply jap at beauliea a while back, another hero mobile! presumably your on the MSC as well, i was on that site religiously till rust killed my poor micra and I got the starlet.

Oh damn, I've wanted a superturbo for ages, they just look the business! i recognise the mira with the blue overfenders in the first pic too, i saw it at simply jap at beauliea a while back, another hero mobile! presumably your on the MSC as well, i was on that site religiously till rust killed my poor micra and I got the starlet.

Yeah ofcourse I am on the MSC but dont go on their much as no one does anything serious with micras except for the few.

Yeah its my mates mira bought it a few months back awesome little car!

I will probably be posting updates weekly until january as my car will come off the road after I get the cage. I will be taking all the whole rear axle stripping back all the paint repainting it and compleltly polybushing the whole car. Also will be looking for a donor starlet as its easier to buy a whole car.

I was going to send the car off to be done but I thought sod it I will give it a go myself I will just get a mate of mine to do the welding.

Thank you guys for the comments it names a nice change as I normally get alot of hate because of what the car is.

The starlet engine almost looks OEM haha. There are only two starlet engined K10 March's on the internent and spoke to one owner who said there is about 4 all of them in Malaysia. One guy said he only had to weld the gearbox mounts up as he used the wishbones hubs and other parts from the starlets. I know for a fact that the engine mounts line up atleast. I would prefer to go with custom shafts as it will make life easier, get a better fitment and plus I get to keep my pulsar brakes which are amazing,

These are the only photos I can find about the conversion. Really I will be the first person to do this conversion and keep a detailed blog about it which should help people in the future. Never know it could be a real easy swap.

100_0464_zpsc18dbe49.jpg

100_0545_zpse03b27e3.jpg

100_0546_zpse06c961d.jpg

100_0551_zps2b5effda.jpg

this will be immense, does your march have power steering fitted? if not that could always be a potential place to squeeze a supercharger in somehow (then it would be a super-turbo!)

no power steering mate i hate power steering as I think it ruins the feel of the car. I am toying with the idea of twincharging with a td04 hybrid or a gt28 could push some serious power with that setup with near to no lag. That's for the far future when I have finished my training in work and on a much better wage. Main focus is getting a donor car at the moment trying to find a crashed starlet is really hard.

Alright mate, it's Arnold from the MSC :)

I do love the appearance of your K10, makes me miss mine loads! Are you coming to JAE?

Annoyingly I wont be going JAE this year as this project comes first and at this time I need every penny I can get to get this car done. Will be worth the hard work though.

Pat on the back for trying something different like this :thumbsup:

A 2000 mirca was my 1st car and i loved them bomb proof

Cant wait to see how this build gets on

there is a few pages on facebook with people selling starlet/glanza parts

Yeah mate I have noticed that as well, my micra has bent one valve (repared) and always valve bouncing in every gear but yet the engine still goes strong eats some oil but still goes. One bad thing though the micra gearboxes are crap and I have lost 2nd gear because of this.

Yeah I have noticed that starlets go really cheap on the facebook pages. I just hope to find one with a naffed turbo as I got a ct9 with zero shaft play and also managed to get a hks acucator for next to nothing.