• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get a train horn it'll work then :D plus it'll shit everyone up in the mot centre :D :D

Haha that would be pretty funny 😂

That radiator pipe setup looks good! You could make it out of stainless and just have a section of joiner each end?

That would look better but the person who did all the tig work turned into a massive bellend so this will have to do for now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers. I think theres something about the black on silver that just works, maybe they could do with the factory 45 profile tyres but oh well.

Might actually get back to it and try find why the horns not working now the lazy Christmas holz are out the way. :)

• 3 months later...

Not really any updates on this, I've quit my job had a week skiing in italy, another 6 weeks in new zealand and another week in sydney so im now half skint and jobless and im not even home yet 😂😂

The car did come home before i left so i know the rear arches need rolling, tracking/geo needs setting up as everything has been off on the front end. The powersteering works but did seem a bit light, this could be in part down to the geo and that the speed signal isnt wired up yet so i will be sorting that out whilst im a bum. Will be finishing off my strut brace and probably painting one of my spare rocker covers crinkle paint just not sure if im doing it red or black yet 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been back a week and started looking over whats left to do, Its mostly straight forward stuff. Current list is

service

Fit interior plastics and back seats

Fit interior light

Replace Sr decals

Roll arches

Take exhaust off to try find rattle

Swap drivers seat for my spare.

Finish front strut brace

Respray rear strut brace

Check over car

MOT

Since im currently jobless I've got to be a bit careful with my spending so ill be doing anything free or cheap so Figured id start by putting the interior back in. Only thing different is i have new uncut plastics and i didnt want to have to cut it for my rear brace so before i quit my job i made these spacers.

20170428_140103.jpg

20170428_151930.jpg

Great, or so i thought...

IMG-20170428-WA0004.jpeg

Rear seats won't go back now 😂😂

Im going to get some dome headed bolts and i think we will be ok from there.

Actually came to a stop after this as my tub of bolts and fixings has vanished whilst i was away so need to make a list of the bits i need and order some up!

• 2 weeks later...

Not gone and got any bolts yet but i decided i would try and free up my seized locks.

Both the boot and drivers door locks had packed up so quickly whipped out the boot one and it was pretty obvious why... Corrosion!

This is actually my corolla boot lock which was much worse but theyre almost the same.

20170514_131054.jpg

All the plates should move up and down freely and sit flush when the key is in allowing it to rotate. A lot spray oil and working the plates with a screw driver later and we have working locks.

Fyi the door locks are a bit more of a pain to remove but nothing too bad.

Noticed where the bump strip was taken off and refitted its not quite level so need to whip that off and refit it otherwise the Sr decal might not fit properly. Also the quarter that was painted needs to be buffed up some more so will probably take it back and have them touch it up but will try and bring it up with some polish first!

However i really like how its sitting now and its nice that i can actually drive it even if its not on the road yet haha.

20170512_103949.jpg

20170512_103931.jpg

20170512_103905.jpg

Job hunt will be commencing soon so will be able to get it on the road when im back in employment, tax and test first. Then needs to go in for alignmemt then will be time to enjoy it :)