Got the interior all back in now, need a few little push clips for the boot trim and thats about it.

I also got a pair of recaro doorcards finally, i gave a quick clean up as they'd been sitting a while but scrubbed up pretty well. these will get fitted when i change the doors over.

Thought with all this spare time i have i should really get on and do some other bits too whilat im at it so 1st up was prep my spare cam cover for paint. Theres a few casting marks along the lower edges that needed filing back and the obvious degreasing and sanding down. Should be all ready to go now, just got to decide on red or black wrinkle paint?!

FB_IMG_1497273622818.jpg

I also need to give my trd strut brace a few more coats of clear epoxy before it gets flatted back and polished up will look pretty sick when its all done.

20170612_154053.jpg

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a go at painting my cover on friday, Didnt bake it as some people had suggested but had it all gone to plan it would have been fine. However even after cleaning it thoroughly there was a few specs of something on it so had to apply more paint to that area which cased it to wrinkle up differently to the rest.

The back half came out well, the front im going to sand back and repaint

20170623_201157.jpg

20170624_151933.jpg

Its a different finish to that of a honda but its still decent.

• 2 weeks later...

I know all my other pictures have gone because of photobucket but for now ill carry on undeterred.

I was currently mid wrap on my carbon overlay window controls, well i took a dremmel to them this afternoon and sanded the edges smooth, really happy with the results if im honest. Just need to get some finer grit paper and finish them off. :DPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks, or are you talking about the tarp covering my brother civic? Haha

But tbh considering its a £15 can of paint im fairly happy with the results. Im not great with painting as im not patient enough with it and have to do it outside with flys,bugs and shit blowing everywhere.

1st time was bugs 2nd attempt was impatience and it got a few runs

Finally cleared all the crap out of it today, pretty sure its ready for mot now. Got a couple of job interviews this week then should be a case of picking which one suits me best and then can get this on the road ready for JAE!

I've also pulled half the old stickers off as some where missing letters and others discoloured. Not sure if im going to leave it plain or replace them yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted some of the dress up kit i got from jdm-ep.

i got an n/a kit as i figured i wouldnt have a lot of the extra bits that turbos may have and i was correct, in fact i have some left over as i dont have all the bits an n/a does so used some just as blanks and a pair for the front bumper.

Engine bay really needs a good clean up and a paint on the slam panel but im not sure if i can be arsed, i know it will get covered in crap as soon as i drive it

Anyway here are a few pics

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Well after the car trying its hardest not to make it to the MOT station i finally managed to make it there.

Started it saturday moved it to wash it and check over everything prior to MOT only for the alternator to pack up and leave me running around like a madman trying to make a good one from a few old random ones i had only for that to fail to then borrow one of someone with a starlet and retro fit with a 5 v pulley from another alternator as my pulley is different for some reason! Anyway only got it for the week whilst mine hopefully gets repaired as he needs it for next round of TSS lol.

Anyway hopefully it passes

It failed, shitty rear discs, literally thee worst thing i did to this car!

Just rebuilt a spare caliper to throw on there in a token jesture to improve the rear brakes. If this doesnt work anyone got a set of drums and cables floating around?