Replacing front coils

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, so here's a short introduction of myself:

I'm an ancient retired Norwegian. I have been involved in cars for years - as a hobby. I've restored 9 cars (mostly British) and build one replica, a Porsche RSK 718 Spyder. Currently I own a 1996 Lotus Elise.

Current challenge:

My daughter's Starlet needs a new front coil - will I find a good description of the procedure of this in your forum? Or do you have reference to repair manuals that doesn't cost a bomb?

Hi,

I am sure you will find some explanation on here yes.

But, You say you have restored cars and built another, but can't replace a suspension coil/spring on a starlet? That's probably one very basic job for someone like yourself is it not?

Hi, and thank's folks for a fast response!

The assembly is now replaced, I struggled to get it back on, though - a pain in the neck job if I should say so. Especially recompressing the new coil - it may have been partly due to a lousy compression tool ("a poor workman blames his tools"). I found it also fiddly to get it back in position at the two bottom end bolts. But now it's ready for a road test.

Edited by Viking