turbo conversion, best way to swap looms?

Or just use a conversion loom and tap into it for rpms ;) that way you don't have to mess about.. You basically end up running 2 and a half looms. The original loom runs the starter, alternator coolant temp gauge and rad fan switch and everything else in the car.

Second loom runs injectors and ignition along with all ecu fed sensors.

Pm me for more info

I'm rebuilding my 4EFE into a 4EFTE!

I have no idea about electrics so just looking for the best way of doing it really, had even considered running 2 looms like that Richard..

Will be a while before I do it, just need to know exactly what loom/s to buy!

Well I know where there are 2 looms for 150 each that you just connect to an ignition based positive and earth, connect sensors and away you go.

I am running thus setup as are 3 of my friends in an E10 corolla ep80 and ep71. Mine is also in am ep80.

Get the looms from a Glanza the same year as your N/a, the 96 & 98 spec are different where they go through the bulkhead.

Also get ignition setup, clocks, indicator / wiper stalks, inlet & TB, MAP sensor, injectors, oil filter relocator, thermostat housing. Maybe a couple other wee bits aswell :)

Or just use a conversion loom.. Nobody here has used one like this. Of they had they wouldn't be advising to swap the full loom.

I can have mine out in 2 mins flat. The only thing that takes time is putting it in, connecting the positive and earth feeds on correctly.

Or just use a conversion loom.. Nobody here has used one like this. Of they had they wouldn't be advising to swap the full loom.

I can have mine out in 2 mins flat. The only thing that takes time is putting it in, connecting the positive and earth feeds on correctly.

You got any pics of this ? Does sound interesting.

My 85 was a breeze to convert, literally swapped the ancillary loom which plugs into the existing fusebox. Also fired in a GT dash fot the dials and that was it done.

Also converted a 91 for a guy using Glanza looms etc, was a very easy swap no messing about splicing shit and tracing wires lol. Was done in an afternoon.

Two engine looms is a pretty ugly way of doing it but i guess if your that way inclinded it will work. With a bit of effort you can make it all plug and play with the stock fuse box and chassis/dash looms. Just change the engine loom around. There isnt very many differences between 4efe and 4efte wiring anyway. Start by comparing the pin outs of both ecu's, you'll find alot of the pins are the same. Where the 4efe pins are in different positions just pop the pins out of the plugs and swap them around to suit the 4efte ecu. Missing wires just rob from the 4efte loom and lay into the 4e loom and connect as required. Wrap then its all done and tidy.

I'll get a pic of the loom I use to show you. It's not messy.. You can remove the parts of the loom your not using..

With the loom I'm using you can run a 4e in any vehicle you want as long as you have a seperate charging system and a way of operating the starter.

haha, I have a year to build it so I'm not concerned about it taking a long time, and spreading it out over a year so I won't be spending big chunks of money at once.
I need to learn how to build an engine so buying a 4efte and dropping it in is the easy way yeah but I wouldn't learn anything and I wouldn't feel the same accomplishment.

Looms will be one of the last things, along with the ecu and manis and stuff, so I have a while to fully decide what to do. Only thing holding me back from doing the interior glanza loom is having to swap stuff around like the indicator etc, just seems like a bit of extra, pointless work.

• 4 years later...