for sure if you want an n/a machine not turbo'd then a properly sorted b18 or k20 swap in one of these is gna be pretty rapido on track.

ive never been in a heavily modded one but im sure with the chassis they have, then if you did spend the dosh on getting the engine swapped and modded to 250odd (easy for a k20 especially)

youd have a serious track monster.

Edited by richglanzav

Cheers for the input guys some great advice and personal opinions!

My aim is to import one when im older as it will be fresh, Due to the amount of honda's currently being broke for parts, it seems the prices of them will only rise! If i had the cash i would probably have one now!

Engine wise. i'd be happy enough with the stock B16b however, future could plan for a b18c4 if i was desperate power! the 184bhp stock would be ample enough for track and road use for me! and my personal preference is to look after the vehicle and cherish its rare ness as it were, nowadays.

The ek4's don't have much appeal as ill always be wanting a ek9, just like if i was to mod my n/a it will just never be a glanza or the same as owning one. Its just a different feeling saying you own a ek9 and not a ek4 ( in my mind anyway lol)

Maybe even a few track times would be planned, but as i say i got a year and a half and providing the prices don't rocket i should have one then!

Cheers guys!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

<3 <3 <3

IMG_7325_zps23c68c14.jpg

Absolutely love the ek9, would have one in a heartbeat. My bro's just left the Vtec scene after owning a k20 for the past 5 years to go to a EP82....and honestly he doesn't regret a thing. Already spent 1K on tuning parts and the amount of comments he's had about the car is unreal. He loves boosting it without ramping the tits off it. The Vtec is brilliant but you do have to scream its nuts off to really go anywhere. That said I love them and would have a ek9 any day. It's just that boosting is a little more addictive.

​Oh and the UK spec EK's CAN be considered better. Yes it has less PEAK power but it's power distribution is better. You just compensate that bottom end a little TOO much with the JDM spec ones. But I'm sure a few mods to the engine bay would compensate this.

​I love what Honda have to offer and cannot wait to see their turbo vtec range.

​Also it's the DC5 with the worlds greatest FF chassis I believe

Edited by Calum122

Was... I think you can happily say that the megane sports and seat leon cupra R are both the best atm as they both hold the fastest times around the ring and have for quite some time now. (For now)

Not that the ring is the be all and end all but its a pretty good benchmark.

And regarding the ek9 yes they are a bit over priced but if you were to hold onto it and keep it clean, low milage with some select mods it will retain its value very well.

I love the power delivery of n/a jap engines, the power peaking at the 8k+ redline then shifting into the next gear back into the power engine on song.

Its very rewarding when you get it right and the cars power matches the gear ratios, a lot of modern engines arent very well matched, uk ep3s, corolla tsports and celicas all drop out of lift whereas the jdm honda counter parts have closer ratios gears keeping them on song and the better more desirable car.

I found that having the right box on mine made a huge difference. But the ek9 the managed to get it just right.