Toffs N/A Runabout/Project/Accidental Purchase

Hey up everyone, Been a while since i was on here after breaking my Forged 5E V which im sure people have seen before, (Rob Hartley now owns the shell as his green frankenstein monster lol)

20131103_141251_zpsfc099583.jpg

20131103_141110_zpsaa8a98e7.jpg

In the meantime i bought a cheap Celica T-Sport VVTLI while breaking the glanza which looked like this.

20140505_190625_zps9b7a22d0.jpg

Teeside1_zps5d03e08f.jpg

After all the caper of stripping the glanza (Still regret it a tad) And buying the celica and fixing it up, I was relatively happy driving about and thinking of what my next project would be....

Next thing i know, my Grandad who had been ill for a couple of months, Took a heavy turn for the worst after being diagnosed with incurable cancer and after a 2 month battle against it he passed away. For 7 years prior to this he owned an absolutely beautiful R34 GTT which we shared a lot of time on. On the last few visits to see him, inbeetween all the laughs and jokes about life, he told me something which still gets me to this day and will continue too for the rest of my life... That the Skyline was mine!

Here are a few photos of it after i had hold of it for a few days.

20140720_185408_zpsc6d53416.jpg

20140720_185350_zps2804b305.jpg

20140720_185342_zpsa4d8e4b8.jpg

20140720_185326_zpsde3e04d7.jpg

The whole point of this thread is about the Little N/A I bought while i left the skyline in the hands of The GTR Shop to restore it,

Which left me a few weeks back in this state, (Engine box and interior also removed)

20141105_191929_zps41e39218.jpg

Will be back with a bang next year and many many mods.

But thats for a different thread...

This is the little beasty i will be using up in till then, which i 100% was never modifying and was just transport... Lol we all know this was a lie! and changed within a matter of days.

Bought it bog standard last week and have so far fitted Some shocks and springs, Aquired a glanza rear bumper, TTE spoiler, SR Clocks, steering wheel boss and rota circuits. Lovely clean condition with 82,000 Miles, Few little battle scars but nothing im worried about.

Will put some photos up tommorow once its light of how it currently stands after fitting the suspension and wheels last night, and giving it a good clean/debadge/dewiper.

I couldnt put photos up of how it was, there embarrasing looking on stock steelies and ride height lol!

Thanks for looking

Toff

Edited by The Toffinator

Yeah I know. I was saying that that is like a dream car, the sort of car I would absolutely treasure. Especially when it has that sentimental element too.

​I realise now that that was slightly misleading.

:D.. It is a stunning looking car. 34's and 32's are pure sex. I would do anything for a 32GTR

So sorry to hear about your grandad fella he sounded like a top bloke! That 34 gtt looks lovely! My dads owned 3 skylines, i actually bought him one so for a breif period i owned a skyline it was amazing until he paid me back of course lmao cant wait too see what you do with your cars mate :)

Yeah I know. I was saying that that is like a dream car, the sort of car I would absolutely treasure. Especially when it has that sentimental element too.

​I realise now that that was slightly misleading.

Hahaha its okay mate, But yeah the skyline wont be going anywhere thats for certain.

:D.. It is a stunning looking car. 34's and 32's are pure sex. I would do anything for a 32GTR

Thanks Matt, If im honest i had the money sat for a 32GTR And was still mulling it over. Glad i held off obviously because this thing is special.

Sorry about your grandad must have been a hell of a cool grandad to have a car like that mine has a Kia 7 seater fs

Thans buddy, And yeah he was some bloke, still fit as a lop at 64 before this happened and only months before was sending me photos of him fitting coilovers to the car!

Nice to see your still about Toff, very bad news! Be nice to see it all restored looks a minter in the pics as it is you's have done very well :)

Hello Gainzy mate, Thanks. Should be spectacular when its back, The car as it is in them photos i hadnt touched barring the wheels, Only thing i did.

Sad to hear that buddy, but that 34 is incredible! Look forward to seeing some more of that :)

Thanks Steve, there will be plenty more to come he wouldnt have it any other way!

Yay toffs back, sorry to hear about your grandad. Bit of a random one, did you sell that vf34?

Hahaha cheers mate :) And yes mate i did, Even the Billet VF35 I had made from Liam D :(

So sorry to hear about your grandad fella he sounded like a top bloke! That 34 gtt looks lovely! My dads owned 3 skylines, i actually bought him one so for a breif period i owned a skyline it was amazing until he paid me back of course lmao cant wait too see what you do with your cars mate :)

Thanks for that mate, He was a legend. GTT was amazing and will be more so when it back, And whats he got? Its a strange expierence, the noise and just the atmosphere is amazing, cant even describe it!

Wow what a story mate about the skyline what a kool dude he was...

Looks smart as well tbh I wouldn't of touched it mods etc lol....

Thanks dude, As above he was some guy,.

On the Skyline note a few people have wondered why im restoring it or why im changing its lovely looking as it is, Its due to the unfortunate usual Nissan rust problems.

At the moment the car has slightly rusty arches (Front & Rear) And a relatively clean underside barring a little bit of damage to the sills. The common strut top problem is only just rearing its head as well.

So i had 2 options, 1st being give it a respray, try save the arches and touch up the metalwork and hope rust doesnt return and ignore the engine bay, and also give it a good underseal and leave it be.

Or i could do the lot. Remove all panels, Glass, Engine & Box, Interior, Subframes, Suspension components, Literally everything off the car.

Everything is being polybushed, all suspension components replaced, subframes Zinc plated and powdercoated, engine stripped down, New manifolds,turbo, intercooler and all ancillaries refurbed, New ECU, And last but not least a full Nismo Z-Tune replica kit, with additional carbon bootlid.

There will be no stone on the car left unturned, and i aim to build the best road car, track car, GT car all in one. Essentially my own Nismo Z-Tune in GTT format!

Thanks

Toff

• 1 month later...

Thanks Steve.

Few updates on this and finally some photos. It went from bog stock (No photos unfortunately) To this spec in a few days.

Impressed by the car actually and feels quite nippy, Interesting to drive one again, which may have swayed my recent purchase...

• Corolla Inlet manifold
  • K&N Induction kit
  • RSR Springs on KYB Excel G shocks
  • Rota GT3s
  • HKS Silent HiPower Glanza exhaust (Not so fecking silent mind)

Few photos of this, It needed a clean mind! Sadly it will be for sale shortly as i may have once again gone Turbo, and bought an EP82 GT Turbo!

20150125_133712_zpsw5fcap8g.jpg

20150125_133658_zpsuzebistd.jpg

20150125_133653_zpsbtvlv6dc.jpg

20150125_133740_zps41sltmmy.jpg

Toff