I've done a little search into this and haven't really found much hard information about doing it, the reason why I'm looking into it is that unfortunately my sr is burning oil (over a liter last week alone) and I have been considering swapping the engine. Yes I know the 4age will give better results but I don't have the money nor the time to be able to source one and fit it.

Basically, I wanting to know how hard is it to put a 4afe from a corolla into an ep91 as my research has come up with mixed results saying only drivers side mount needs changing to having to redo all them. I'm confident in wiring as I would get a hole donor car as you can pick them up 300 to 500 quid.

Anyone one here have, seen or know of build thread with one in? Better still anyone here actually done it or any information about the mounts etc that they think will help me decide or carry out the conversion. I'm also not planing on finding a 6 speed as I think for my abilities, time and money its not worth it.

Pete

Look for the 4age engine swap thread. Its the same block so the basics are the same.

Its a lot of work for not much gain other than you can drop a 4age in at a later date

Yer I've had a look at your build thread a few times and I know but I can't afford a 4age unless its a 16 valve which hasn't got much more than an extra 15-20 hp. Considering after I've had the engine I can scrap the old 4efe or sell it along with the rest of the donor car