Third boost light not working, not fully boosting! HELP!

on my way home just half an hour ago and noticed that when I put my foot down my car isn't giving full power and only two boost lights are coming on in the dash. My cars still standard, so no engine mods.... Anyone have an idea of what it could be? Bad timing as I'm supposed to be going away tomorrow!

on my way home just half an hour ago and noticed that when I put my foot down my car isn't giving full power and only two boost lights are coming on in the dash. My cars still standard, so no engine mods.... Anyone have an idea of what it could be? Bad timing as I'm supposed to be going away tomorrow!

If it's standard you haven't accidentally pressed the lo boost button next to the hazard button? only get two lights when it's on the low boost setting i think.

After, i tried disabling the low boost mode by swapping the two turbo pipes on the left-front of the engine bay and this worked, my cars fully boosting again. so im thinking that either the low boost mode is some how stuck on, or the actuator is faulty. but i would have thought the actuator would effect the boost no matter what i did with those two turbo pipes. what do you guys think?

Lewigi the boost solenoid may be at fault here, why dont you remove the solenoid and pipes and run full boost constantly?

Tbh lo boost doesnt do much other than raise your fuel bill and it was only really designed for driving in poor conditions

And I think it limits boost on a glanza whether hi or lo is selected

Yeah it does definitely limits boost whether its on or off, I've felt a big difference.

How does the lo boost use more fuel? I thought it would have saved fuel as it doesn't let the car accelerate fast.

I would keep it as it is definitely, but only problem I have is that when I drive on the motor way at 70 for more than like ten mins the engine check light comes on, so I was concerned it wasn't good for the cars health?

No it definitely doesnt help with economy as the engine uses more revs to pull the car around when on lo boost . especially under load/WOT.

The engine light wont come on as a result of a faulty/non-existent solenoid either. It could be down to a lot of things mate probably best doing a diagnostic test to find out what the story is

What you can do is leave everything plugged the way it is. Except put one single hose from your actuator port to the port on the turbo compressor housing - this will run the boost off actuator spring pressure without using the solenoid.

So if you boost normally with this setup you can confirm it isnt your actuator thats faulty

• 2 weeks later...