Hi again,looking for some advise and maybe some cofirmation on what i believe to be a turbo issue.

Car has been running fine until a few days ago when at a set of lights i noticed smoke from the exhaust.

Car still running fine and have pulled it into my garage between jobs to take off intercooler and pipe work.

Too my surprise ic pipes and throttle body are oil free so could it possibly be the pcv or obviously the turbo!!

the issue so far only seems to occur when engine is hot and is not consistent or when engine is cold.

its defo oil as can smell it and had turbo blow on my renault 5 a few yrs ago.

So just wondered if any other ideas that i can look into before its new turbo time lol!!!

Have a decat to fit so gonna hang fire just in case i have to do it all at same time.

many thanks again for all the input you guys have given so far on my starlet journey haha.

normally valve stems smoke on start up from cold but nothing at all,its defo oil as its bluey and you can smell it!

hoping not rings as its not there all the time only now and again so thinking oil seal in turbo on its way out.

didnt know if pcv valve would drop some oil into inlet if knackered??

If it is turbo what a good option to go for?recon,new or hybrid maybe?

gonna track her so want reliability but gonna keep her standard setup for this year then decide whether to step her up a level next year.

↑↑ thats nonsense. a healthy engine will not put a drop of oil or crap anywere whatsoever out a 90degree elbow converted and removed pcv.

been running with " to atmosphere" short breather for 8 months daily and never seen a peep of oil.

fitted catch can etc in work today still no oil in pipework,on way home tonight was held up in traffic and with engine warm did a lot more smokey joe so am looking at maybe the turbo the culprit after all!!!

anywhere anyone can recommend for a replacement ct9???

thanks again.

yes thats the only option for a guaranteed quality rebuild.the blokes a genius and turn arounds always real quick.

mine used to smoke well badly and totally 100% stopped after rebuild. wish I had just done that first of all instead of taking a punt at multiple purchases of " good condition ct9 turbos". THEY DONT EXIST UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN RECENTLY PROFFESSIONALLY REBUILT.

heres a link on my build thread of before and after.