2E - Has anyone her tried to get one going quick.

Hi Guys

As heading ...

Just curious if anyone has tried to make one go quick.

I do appreciate every reason why you wouldn't but if I had to ... What degree of performance could be had ?

I'm already going 4E but would have liked the challenge. The main restricting factor being the 12 valve head and it's flow / volumetric efficiency ?

Don't really expect any interest but what the heck I've'e asked

:)

Hey ....

This guy has, its very pic heavy but is a great read. http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/56844-nos-testing-vids-trd-group-a-2e-e/

Thanks ... Man I'm sure glad we don't use dial up anymore :lol: I got sucked in there although I was impressed in the content.

Seems like he has a few ideas which may come from an older head. Great efforts for sure.

There are a few items available for the 2E-E like TRD cam, TRD ecu and such. as to the difference they make i can't comment. Was tempted to buy some parts for my 2EE EP80 but decided to leave it standard and give it to the other half lol :)

Thanks ... Knew about the cams but I'm still confused about how Stu said the rockers are known to be weak with revs.

Possibly one could heat treat them depending on steel.

Would be interesting to see what could be done with the heads as they appear well primative.

only real power to be had is to turbo it :) hardest part is making the exhaust tuby mani !!! real cunt to do , with the cam , springs , and trd ecu thats available for them you will need to get the bottom end lightened and balanced for higher rpms even fly needs sorting to and pullys to get best out of it ,also for the price of the 3 trd cams you can easly diy turbo it !!!

also if its a long term project why not fit the 4efe head to it 2E-E16v