4efe base for 4efte

Sorry to be a pain chaps but I was just looking for some confirmation of what parts on a 4efe are the same as 4efte?

I was thinking of using the 4efe block and crank as a base and building a forge engine? If there compatible ?

Also is the head the same ?

Sorry if it's been asked a million times. If anyone has links for threads concerning this senareo if you could post them up it would be much appreciated by me and other.

Doing it this way so I can keep my glanza on the road for the time being 😄

You can build an 4efe with turbo but the crank has a different lift so i would prefer a crank of 4efte...

The head and block should nearly the same so you can use ist - only the bolts for "oil relocator" arent there in the 4efe engine...

Valves and springs i dont know

Ahh right. Was thinking about heavy lift cams and updated valve springs anyway ? Yea I was thinking of just using the block anyway as a base.

So the cranks defiantly different ? I thought it was the pistons that upped the compression ?

Cheers

You can build an 4efe with turbo but the crank has a different lift so i would prefer a crank of 4efte...

The head and block should nearly the same so you can use ist - only the bolts for "oil relocator" arent there in the 4efe engine...

Valves and springs i dont know

different lift ?????

yes you can use the block and crank no bother na crank will hold upto 350/400 bhp !! the heads are identical ( only valvesprings are diferent ) there good bases for turboing if your forging

All 4E Cranks are interchangeable, Some may be marked differently, ET I have seen on facelift glanza cranks, AFAIK There is no strength difference, no difference in throw etc. Same in the 5efe and 5efhe, some come with a 3e marked crank, some come with 5e marks.

If it was me i would use a low mileage 4efe and build a forged lump. there identical really, Pistons are higher compression in an N/A, Valve springs are thicker in an FTE.

Build a 4efe with forged bits and uprated springs your onto a winner!

All 4E Cranks are interchangeable, Some may be marked differently, ET I have seen on facelift glanza cranks, AFAIK There is no strength difference, no difference in throw etc. Same in the 5efe and 5efhe, some come with a 3e marked crank, some come with 5e marks.

If it was me i would use a low mileage 4efe and build a forged lump. there identical really, Pistons are higher compression in an N/A, Valve springs are thicker in an FTE.

Build a 4efe with forged bits and uprated springs your onto a winner!

It almost sounds like your back in a starlet again :p

If you are using a block from a N/a just make sure it has the threaded hole on the back for the knock sensor. I know some N/a blocks had this and some didnt.

Its not the end of the world if not just means it will need to be machined in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just put a 4EFE bottom end into my GT Mate.

Swapped over these parts from the 4EFTE

• Cylinder Head (Valve springs only difference)
  • Sump for oil return
  • Oil filter housing
  • Oil pressure switch
  • Thicker MLS Headgasket to lower compression a tad

Havent ran it properly yet but the rods and crank are identical to my last glanzas 4EFTE So should be fine.