AN EBC THAT ACTUALLY WORKS PROPERLY PLEASE ??!!

I know its been covered poopbillion times but I just want to know what electronic boost controllers actually work ie dont over boost and are also setable to a specific psi/bar and not like gizzmos were u have to go through a random number to set it up gradually.

I do want an ebc BUT its gotta be a good proven one that people have used lots and is reliable.

I have had one in the past and it was a brand new gizzmo that cost me 200 quid and it just kept overboosting even on minimal settings.

help me guys please.

AVCR gets my vote, then again I've used HKS is the past with no issues either. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Blitz, the solenoids are a bit unreliable and are about £180 to replace last time I checked.

I know it may sound daft and not questioning your knowledge but how are you setting the EBC up? ( If you're doing it that is not a tuner etc). I see a lot of people get a bit happy with the duty cycle because it gives better response then wonder why they have a melted piston or something lol.

Edited by AdamB

If you do end up getting an AVCR there is a really good post on another forum that i will try and find telling how to set it up properly.

And do the proper manual way of setting it up, the auto setting does work but you get a better curve i feel with the manual way :)

Edited by daniel_g

adam I spent ages following the instructions fully and got nowere with the gizzmo, but I do get what u mean...sometimes even the best of us miss stuff.lol

avcr is what will get if I do decide to go ebc.

thanks so much for all ure valuable inputs :-D

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xturbosmart+eboost+2&_nkw=turbosmart+eboost+2&_sacat=0

i'm going to recommend something a bit different from everyone so far

i've used this for about 6 years now...it's easy to install, set up and is very stable. its a well built unit with a ton of features (just like some of the above)

i've had my fair share of trying to help friends set up blitz, greddy, apexi, etc...but this is my choice and i never regretted it

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/e-Boost2/eBoost2-60mm-Black.html

click the details, applications tabs to get some brief info

comes in 60 and 66mm sizes in various color combinations

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xturbosmart+eboost+2&_nkw=turbosmart+eboost+2&_sacat=0

i'm going to recommend something a bit different from everyone so far

i've used this for about 6 years now...it's easy to install, set up and is very stable. its a well built unit with a ton of features (just like some of the above)

i've had my fair share of trying to help friends set up blitz, greddy, apexi, etc...but this is my choice and i never regretted it

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/e-Boost2/eBoost2-60mm-Black.html

click the details, applications tabs to get some brief info

comes in 60 and 66mm sizes in various color combinations

Hey Gorgan ,you forgot to say that this EBC is very quick (+to be stable),a lot of EBC are slower than MBC ...

Edited by ramses

AVCR gets my vote, then again I've used HKS is the past with no issues either. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Blitz, the solenoids are a bit unreliable and are about £180 to replace last time I checked.

Blitz gets my vote. Easy to set up. Has a nice warning and safty feature that lowers duty cycle when boost goes over the set amount.

Just a heads up, Mac 35A solenoids(which are used by nearly all boost controller manufactures) work on the blitz units as well so replacement solenoids are easy to come by.

Also to the OP. As far as im aware, no boost controllers allow you to just put in a set amount of boost and be done with it. Boost controllers work by duty cycle and are not true closed loops systems.