Robs Precision Boosted Track Build..She's for sale......

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job

Rob fantastic progress what gauge wire is the live feed ??? Looking at relocating to the boot the bat and also put a kill switch in. When u was extending

The

Loom guess u just cut the plug off and labeled each wire and then resolded the plug bk on ???

Used 2AWG / 35mm2 , maybe abit overkill.

Yup exactly that.

Not worth me smoothing the bay, it's still a track car end of the day, albeit a clean one! :)

If it's at jae it'll only be sat night / Sunday morning. Gotta try and get it ready first!

Edited by RobSR

In a desperate bid to make JAE just ordered a load more bits.

New tyres, ball joints,track rod ends, an-4 fittings for turbo oil feed, booked the exhaust for weds 2nd, mot for the 4th, meaning i *should* be able to bring the car on Saturday....

Well everything was going so well! Went to go and pick up my turbo this evening after finishing work. Not gonna lie, was like an excitable child as its been a long time coming!

Got home, got the manifold out to offer everything up and its then i began to notice a couple of things....Yup, the manifold has a T25 not a T3 flange on it! She aint fitting for sh*t. There must of been a misunderstanding from Sacha or an accident thats lent to this...

So in a nutshell, no JAE unless Sacha see's my message and somehow gets a manifold to me in a week lol, but the turbo looks awesome, probably won't spool with the stock rev limit :thumbsup: but at least its here!!

20581280059_98f6b0539a_c.jpgIMG_2152 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

20768025565_df227392c3_c.jpgIMG_2154 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

My current issue.

20758635582_d1038d436b_c.jpgIMG_2153 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Finished the engine loom off mind:

20581278519_4a8eb741ae_c.jpgIMG_2156 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

thats a gutter mate was really looking forward to seeing this. do you no rough costs for your wire and heatshrink and such like? could do with a bunch for my next profect but place i ordred long lengths of heatshrink froms no longer stocking it.

Yup, these things happen though don't they, at least i don't need to rush anymore. Just want to hear it running again lol!

Yea it wasn't crazy money, i think the wire was about 4-5 quid per meter for the 16AMP stuff for the loom, heat shrink i just got off ebay as its all the same stuff.

The battery cable i can't really remember how much i paid without looking it up.

Edited by RobSR

thats it mate the down side to custom parts is the waiting time you incurr for a simple mistake! thats not bad at all where abouts is that from? just the loom wire i'll need already went overkill with 0gauge battery cables ha!

Only problem is a t25 to a t3 is quite a jump and you can see the collector has been made at the right angle and diameter for a t25. It can't be opened up to fit on the right flange as far as I can see!

Only problem is a t25 to a t3 is quite a jump and you can see the collector has been made at the right angle and diameter for a t25. It can't be opened up to fit on the right flange as far as I can see![/quote

Would a t25 to t3 addaptor flange not work

Only problem is a t25 to a t3 is quite a jump and you can see the collector has been made at the right angle and diameter for a t25. It can't be opened up to fit on the right flange as far as I can see![/quote

Would a t25 to t3 addaptor flange not work

You could but everything has been built in the engine bay to be perfect so I'm not doing that.

Drill/slot new holes into manifold flange for temporary fit/use? (gasket over flange could be used as a template)

Again, its a bodge so ill rectify it properly

After all the work it's not worth bodging it. Wait and see what sacha says.

Exactly. Not bodging it.

Its no ones fault the GT28's i know have T3 housings, sacha's thinks they come with T25 flanges so just a miss understanding. He's agreed to do me a deal on another so will order it when i get paid, just another 3-4 week wait.

That said, this one is for sale cheap if you want it bower? :) or anyone else for that matter.

• 4 weeks later...

Manifold being finished this week. Done some other bits on the car, refitting the hubs, brakes , braided lines, intercooler etc. Finished the fuel lines and mocked them up in car. Got my rear tyres mounted on the wheels too. Wanted something that may grip a tad in the bad weather currently but ill be putting some semi's on the front once i have the other two wheels painted.

A couple of pics, will try and get some more of the fuel setup tomorrow as I'm off work.

21420832580_773acf4f29_z.jpgIMG_2328 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

21420832180_095dae6e10_z.jpgIMG_2254 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr