• 1 month later...

This build thread is still ongoing.

At the moment the cars at race tech for the engine build,.

should be on the road in late january early febuary and i will get some pictures of the engine bay and exaust work.

its going to be running td04 hybrid stage 2 with race tech manifold, full exaust system, APEXI Power Fc ecu, APEXI boost controller, AEM wideband. Also it will have Uprated cruise valve springs and most of the common engine modifications that go with a forged build aswell as a new comp clutch to go with the Lsd gearbox that was fitted before it was sent there.

Keep you posted.

• 2 months later...

stage 2 complete turbo kit

Multi angle valves and seats
Decking block (recommended)
Install AVCR not including setup.
Install wideband, including welding bung into exhaust.
ECU fit setup map
AVCR setup including boost by gear
Short route intercooler
Balancing
Oil pump
Water pump
Head gasket
Head studs
ACL bearings
Skim head
Block notch for scat conrods
Valve Springs shimmed and fitted
A couple of the guides in the head need to be changed
Rods to be honed out to suit little end size of pistons
The valve clearances set
New Clutch
Fly Wheel skimmed
Engine mounts fitted
Repair wiring loom/Tidy unneeded connectors
Fitting fuel reg and supplying lines adapters and fittings
New timing belt cover
New 3” Exaust System
New Catch Can with breather
New Air Filter
Remapped
Engine Run in with oil changes etc
The Latest update so far... Pick the car up in 2 weeks after it been gone for 5 months!
  • 1 month later...

Quick update on the thread, cars still at Racetech After problems with the Power FC So had to rethink the engine management system and decided after research and talks with others that a DTA would be beneficial in the long run With K20 Coil packs and uprated sensors etc. I went for the DTA60 Pro as it has a few extras that the 40 didnt like anti lag and Launch control. Ive also managed to source a GI bonnet and a TOMS adjustable spoiler. Im also looking at updating the coilovers to BC's and waiting to find out if WMS are going to start supplying the 4pot Brake set up, if not i will be looking at K Sports.

As soon as the car is back i will get pictures of the engine and a video of some boosting. Hoping with this management to be pushing around the 340bhp area if lucky lets see how it goes!

:)

• 1 month later...

Update. Fast road Rear brake set up (Id Workz), BC coil-overs, Whiteline FARB and Panhard Rod and Willwood 4 pots bought ready for when the cars back. Also have a GI bonnet waiting to be picked up on the journey back with the car.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hellllo everyone and anyone who was or is interested in what happened and the direction the car went in the end. I will take time this weekend to get as many photos together and all the information I can remember and continued this build thread. It’s still on going, cars fully mapped now and running but as you all know it never ends. Currently changing all hoses on the car and tidying the engine bay, will get photos up and a time line of events which have happened over the past 2 years. Sorry again for the long delay I totally forgot about this thread TBH. Follow me on Instagram (my_ep82) as I upload there regularly with photos. Heres random photos of what im currently doing anyway. 

16477D16-E633-43C5-8912-986DACE38A79.jpeg

A402ED17-B8E3-4F7D-AA71-DFCC7C20472B.jpeg

Edited by koolza132
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...