The Official Nürburgring Thread

Hi guys

I along with others always have questions about visiting the ring so I thought we could all share experiences and post questions in here.

We are planning to go in May, from Friday (around 2am) to Monday (arrive at Dover at around 4pm). We would use the track on Saturday and Sunday.

If you've been, how long did you go for and was it long enough?

Any other experiences or tips would be great, I.e. Recommended hotels, routes, etc.

We would also like to see the Black Forest if anyone has been?

Cheers

Idrees

You will love the ring chap. Going on the weekend can be busy specialy if its bank holiday so advise to go on the track 1st thing or late afternoon for a couple of laps.

If you have never been then go easy and dont push to hard depending how many laps you plan to do and what you can take in on your laps then you can push a little harder. There are alot of cars at some point on parts of the track and they can make you look like your going backwards you best to give way and let them pass.

Just go out there and enjoy it you dont have to go mad.

Regards to hotels ive stayed at the hotel complex overlooking the gp circuit. But where i have stayed last year and will be staying this year See below link its about 20minute drive to the ring but amazing roads and views back and fouth and some great food.

http://www.hotel-wilhelmshoehe.de/index.php?site=home&lang=en

Ive stayed out there 4 days at a time and more than enough time.

Im heading out there 29/4 - 5/5/2015

Any more questions drop me a message

Awesome, cheers James.

We have been looking at the same dates as you but may have to go the week after. If we stick to the original plan then we may be able to convoy together.

Will be awesome to see you there chap. Theres a group of about 20 of us going. We are catching the 6am ferry if not convoing then we will def catch up over there for sure. Keep me posted and il give you my number nearer the time :) Edited by abbott

Burgstube, or Fuchsröhre for accommodation, decent guest houses with good beer.

You'll get a good meal at the comfy corner in adeneau, the chinese is meant to be decent in adenau too. If you want massive, but crappy pizza go to pinnochios.

Ring'werks and the museum is a decent way to spend an hour or two when the track is closed. Plenty of walking to be had around the track, I like to head into the woods and just sit quietly watching cars scream past, weird, but very therapeutic.

The track demands respect, just as you think you're getting it, you'll approach a part of the circuit quicker than you have done before, or someone will be in the way. Drive it like you would a country road.

We'll not get into the whole insurance debacle, best not to worry about that. But know, if you drop fluid, and cause a crash as a result you will be liable for damages to the 3rd parties vehicle. Your insurance WILL NOT cover that, it just wont.

Friend of mine went off and brought some mud onto the track, a GT3 following him hit the mud and crashed. Long story short, my friend had to pay for a GT3 out of his own pocket.

But if you know the risks, and are willing to take them, more power to you. I will now only ever do track days, or rent something from rent4ring.

Have fun though, it's mega out there.

Most people crash because they drive beyond there limits remember its NOT a race track its a public road.

I only did 2 dry laps best time was 10min 6sec with yellow flags in a slow as fuck diesel Mondeo (Starlets should do sub 9min easy)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iJZdbDnUnE

went in 2013 was a great experience

we went for a week holiday and stayed in Luxembourg which was about 1h 30 min drive away from the ring

we went on a Wednesday first and got a guided tour around the f1 track and got a 20min session on the f1 track for 45 euro

also did 1 lap of the ring that day

went back on the sunday and went to the museum and did 3 laps of the ring

loved ever second of it

claires2589-ZF-0262-67422-1-002_zps3abb5

IMG_4967_zpsd77138ac.jpg

nurburgring335_zps518d1e91.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_Time1713_20130915_1106_zps

We stayed here

http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de

Awesome track even in a diesel Mondeo lol

We also went mid week less busy but limited track time.

Michael Schumacher go-karting is a must.

+1 for this place. We had the whole top appartment to the building on the left between our group. Grub was great and they have a bbq you can use out back too.

Just over the road you have a food supermarket and a separate one for beer :D

+1 for this place. We had the whole top appartment to the building on the left between our group. Grub was great and they have a bbq you can use out back too.

Just over the road you have a food supermarket and a separate one for beer :D

Yeh man it's very good only thing about the area is there's not much to do if your not on track lol that's why Michael Schumacher go-karting is the place to go only 40 min drive and 10x better than nurburgring go-karts.

2016 nurburgring trip anyone?

yeah we got lucky when we went, august bank hol w/e and the town was mid festival so was shutdown with bbqs stages and bars everywhere :D

The tobogganing that you oass on the way there is also a good laugh if you have a bit of spare time.

Yeh seen that looked awesome we only had Monday-Wednesday track was only open 5pm-7pm

in for 2016 lol least my v will be built and run in by then lol

maybe have certain members from each part of the country say east Anglia midlands south coast etc

so there are a main point of contact for the region then they can communicate with the other area leaders etc

• 5 months later...

I went to the ring a few months back and it was probably the best bit of my euro trip. We went in a £130 diesel 406 and still had a right laugh. Managed a 10:36.

My advice would be to play loads of Gt6 before you go. Properly learn the track because it's surprisingly accurate I found. Also I didn't realise before we went but it was only open to public for a few hours in the evening and we only just managed to fit 4 laps in with breaks for cooling down etc.

We stopped in the official campsite on the outskirts of Nurburg and it was pretty dead with no official races on. Wasn't that expensive either.

I go almost every year, we book a villa and it works out great, BBQ and beers in the evening, track time in the day :)

There's lots to do and see, you just need to do a bit of research, I highly recommend a trip to Pacha in Cologne, google it ;)

I've only ever been on a bike though

https://youtu.be/LJdZFZR8HeE

Me on my R1 last year, as people say, it's NOT a trackday, have fun, be alert and courteous on track.

Taking my Starlet in October for a full 8 days :)

Wish me luck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image