♪♫ Charlotte's Red MK1.5 GT Turbo Project ♪♫

UPDATE!

She lives!!!

So after sorting out interior a bit and fitting the wideband and boost gauge I decided to put some fluids in her and see if I could get a tune.

Initially it was tight to turn over but it's had a new timing kit etc and been sat for a while so put the oil in and turned by hand with plugs out first and it felt fine after a few turns.

So hooked the battery up and lt just turned over and over... I'd missed a few things like if not nipped the bottom pipe on the fuel filter up (must've got distracted haha). Sorted the few issues out but still wasn't firing

Had fuel and could hear the fuel pump priming but no spark. Bummer. Checked the usual like EFI fuse, rotor arm, coil pack and igniter etc etc still nothing. Went to check for an EM light on the dash and boom- there was no EM on at all, and it should be illuminated with the ignition on obviously. No power to the ECU then...

After the helpful guys on here commented on my thread the first thing I checked was the ECU earth that bolts to the inlet via the icv. There was the answer lol. It was just floating down behind the inlet I must've missed it!

So earthed the ECU and hey presto EM light was on. Tried to fire it and it still turned over and over.... Grrrrr... But then after connecting am jump lead to the coil pack to the negative terminal on the battery to try and give it a better earth it fired straight up! YAAAAY!!!!

But there's something catching on the bell housing on the pressure plate. So will be wiggling the box off to check that but I'm very happy it didn't turn into an electronics nightmare!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the clutch I bought fit the flywheel and engaged/disengaged fine but it was a few mm proud and was just catching the bell housing. I have photos I'll stick them up later.

So rather than just swap the clutch (luckily I have spared of pretty much everything haha) I decided I might as well pull the 6 speed out of my knackered Glanza and put that on at the same time. I always wanted a 6 speed for it anyways.

It's all back together now, modded shifter fitted etc. all interior back together and literally just need to fit the pins for the aerocatches on my bonnet and it's good to go down the road. Brakes are all bled up.

Hopefully I'll get it out in daylight maybe today and get some decent pics!

Good work! I really like this car glad you got your clutch issue worked out! Do you prefer the six speed?

I do prefer the 6 speed tbh. The gears are shorter so seem to accelerate quicker and the extra gear drops the revs slightly which is good for motorway cruising. They're a direct fit and all that requires modifying is the shifter.

Got the bonnet fitted last night which wasn't too bad but the aerocatch bolts needed trimming down so they didn't foul the headlights. was a drama to get it back on all fours though as it's pretty low anyways and the toms kit makes it even lower :/ haha

Test drive tonight i hope and MOT thursday at 5pm.

The alternator on my advance has died on the way into work this morning so i'll have that to sort out tonight... sigh...

She's officially legal!!!

Failed MOT on a wiper blade, rear calliper sticking and the bolts that hold the strut to the hub weren't right enough. I never even noticed the wiper blade as I've never used the wipers, I knew the rear calliper was sticking but hoped it would free off with a bit of use and I dropped the ball on the strut bolts haha. I must've nipped them with spanners and intended to give them a final nip with the breaker bar but got side tracked haha oops! ????

All sorted within an hour though and she was absolutely fine in the retest today so all good!

Drives really well and smooth. Turbo is awesome (thanks Liam!) and I'm really happy! I've folded the fog light up now so the back end looks much better. And the jdm speakers now light up yay

post-9101-0-79140100-1434736841.jpg

post-9101-0-94020500-1434736900_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-07571300-1434736945_thumb.jp

Ugh the uploader has switched the orientation of those pics I'll get my laptop out at some point and fix it!

so glad its all good!

really impressed with the light up speakers took alot of messing to get them sorted. they got massive SMD light strips used by model train guys in haha.

not sure if you noticed one speaker crackles a little on high bass when your ready to tackle it message me and i will send you the link of the speaker i used to fix one of them

i am still shocked how you made a image in my head actually become real without me even telling you what i wanted to do with her. so pleased with all the work you done with it

Thanks guys loving driving it about, so quick to spool with the tongs but pulls really well!

Yeah the speakers are so cool! they match the clocks too. I've wired them to a switch though incase i get pulled for them as you're not really meant to illumate the rear of the vehicle unless its in red :/ i'm sure they will be fine though i live out in the stick and rarely drive about late at night.

Yeah i've got the EQ set to neutral at the moment as i haven't had chance to sort it out yet haha if you can send me a guide or some tips that would be a massive help

I've added a few more goodies to her so once everything is in properly i will get some better pics of her up.

Still not had chance to go over her with the machine polisher although the finish was reasonable straight from the gun tbf but i think it would just finish her off with a light cut and polish :)

Going to get the new T1R's fitted on friday (hopefully) and i have a set of TRD coilovers to go on her so after all that is done i can get the tracking and camber sorted! eeeee!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...