There have been some people who are on here that were kind enough to extend their knowledge to me about ep91's and ep82's. I am very thankful for the amount of people willing to be honest with me, and i kind feel a bit bad to get all this information from people and end up not getting one. I hope for those this applies to that you read this and realize the feeling I feel.

So go back 15 odd years I was around 6 years old living in Fort Perice Florida. I attended this school called Sunrise County Pre-School have a look around

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Sunrise+Country+Pre+School/@27.420251,-80.337088,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x88def1c6b8ec9acf:0x496900be99fa2d28

During recess as you can see the playground is fenced but along the road where we all played and just be kids. I can exactly say one day but a series of days where the intersection is across from the school a car used to pull out and turn right every day during the week at near enough the same time. The only reason i spotted it was the exhaust tone. It wasn't overpowering loud and obnoxious though it was just a nice baritone sound that caught my ears. It came to a point where I wouldn't get involved in pokemon or cops n robbers sometime because i wanted to stand at the fence to get as close a possible and watch it. I think that moment it clicked, and looking back on those moments now I realized that it was those moments that made me grow into a Japanese car enthusiast. A few years after I was able to figure out what car it was and I been hanging on to a dream of owning one. It's very hard to believe that tomorrow Monday March 9th 2015 I will be picking it up after work.

To the newly previous owner who I will send the link to this thread (Jim)- I can't imagine the heart break of handing this car to a stranger not knowing for sure if it will be looked after or not. I know the passion you have for this car as I felt it when you drove it Saturday night. Hopefully you can get your hands on another, and we can meet up for coffee one day and have a chat.

Here is what she looks like. She is completely stock :)

http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/TheAmericanTD/Seleena/story

Modification wise I don't think I am going to do anything drastic at all only a few bits here and there, but before any of that I want to get it dyno'd to see the stock power result to see how healthy the engine is although i'm confident that she will pull the right figures. In the long run I think i'll be happy with a stage 1 map which is easily achievable. Oh and some 90's retro wheels are in order as well as I want to keep the stock wheels clean. :thumbsup:

Other then that i'll only do tasteful little upgrades mostly interior upholstery steering wheel etc etc things that can be reverted back to stock easily.

Edited by TheAmerican

anyways back on topic here guys lol I just went to a mates body shop. Back of sills need attention quickly before rust gets out of hand and starts to rot through the metal, so that will be done in 2-3 weeks no cost :thumbsup:

I thought i'd get a picture of whats in the body shop atm :p

photo%202_1.jpg

photo%201_1.jpg

Pretty looking Jag :hi: I remember coming in before the e-type was touched and now it looks amazing pictures don't do it justice.

Edited by TheAmerican

I need to know where this bodyshop is!

Just for... research purposes :ph34r:

As I said on FB mate, she is an absolute minter. I'm sure you'll do a cracking job of looking after her.

Also: ♫Waaaatch your back!! Watch yo, watch yo, watch yo back♫

It's premier autobodies

"Jesus Christ Dom you gotta get out there I'm sick of this Sh*t... I'm not kidding DOM get out there"

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm in two minds about getting this, but it is at a really good price for me financially atm. Also keeping in mind that the exhaust on the SX now is what I think is the original from 21 years and 6 months ago, so might be a good idea to replace it, but keep ahold of the stock one as well? It is a toyosports exhaust which I've heard stories about the manifolds but none about the exhausts. To be honest the stock SX manifold is good for up to 225-240hp I think on stage 1 (hp varies depending on health of engine), so there isn't any real need for one at this point.

I have another pic but there is a stainless downpipe (turbo elbow back) with a cat delete as well along with mid and rear sections and all fittings.

11082631_880177515381734_720824761995478

Before it goes on if it is purchased a service is in order though, and a dyno run to make sure engine is running in tip top form. What are peoples thoughts?

Exhausts are usually ok from the budget brands.

As you alluded to, the horror stories are almost always with the manifolds!

Nice car, think I seen you post it up on driftworks?

Phil

Exhausts are usually ok from the budget brands.

As you alluded to, the horror stories are almost always with the manifolds!

Nice car, think I seen you post it up on driftworks?

Phil

Yea I have actually I've been researching a bit more then usual probably too much lol few posts here and there.

Edited by TheAmerican

Yea I have actually I've been researching a bit more then usual probably too much lol few posts here and there.

That's the way to do it, was well received on there as well, it's is a fine looking example!

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

That's the way to do it, was well received on there as well, it's is a fine looking example!

Phil

I come back with knowledge phil lol. Stock manifolds are good for up rated power so no need to mess with that I'll prob just port out the inside a bit other then that it's good as I'm not after crazy hp figures ;-)

Anyway a little update

I planned to get some body work done soon after I got it but the guy (elderly dude) at premier autobodies had a relative pass away sadly, and since he had customers hounding about getting an mx5 done and a jag e-type I thought I'll give him some room to breathe. I gave him a month and a bit of no haste from me. Rang yesterday and he already penciled me in for May 11th which I perfect for me. So slight rust on sills will be no more and getting the stock wing removed (as they are known for holding water causing the boot to rust) and boot sanded filled and sprayed.

Also few bits and bobs I've picked up

a retro looking nardi wheel

My friend gave me his turbo smart boost controller from his left over s14 parts box

Bought a socketed ECU as well and a stage one chip. (Just need a fuel pump and car us ready for stage 1)

Collected everything I need for a service: oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs, might pick up some coolant as I haven't checked it since I got the sx, but If replace the coolant I want to upgrade the rad and hoses.

And now the bad news.

I suspect the turbo has play in the blades the way it spools up sometimes just sounds a bit unnatural for a turbo to sound like.

So that definitely needs checking before anything else.

Edited by TheAmerican