s14a silvia, anyone own one/owned one?

That s12 is cool in that pic is cool :)

My mates currently reshelling his 14a due to copius amounts of rust, but tbh it was a bucket to begin with. Has a decent spec engine tho

Edited by NewbieLewby

also, mine has around 300bhp, td04 starlet on 1bar would probs keep up with it.

I love the look of them Dan! Need to figure out what all the stages are aswell, seems to be the thing when I look at them, stage 1 2 3, definitely want to look into it more but I'm pretty much definitely buying one lol. I know for the money I'm going to be spending it's not going to be a minter anyway, and it will have its arse out at most road ends aswell. One thing I liked about then was the engine, there seems to be heaps with 350+bhp on standard internals, so you don't have to spend an absolute fortune to get decent power. I am looking at all the pros of them, need to look into the cons too haha

1 million times cooler than a S body.

Ive been a passenger ride in one the lad was doing a bit of streeto lol was insane! 1JZ is some engine. And the JZX chassis is fuckin tight aswell! Love em :)

Do you remember the name of the driver mate? As my friend does drift taxis and always up santa pod in his but your right there bloody insane alright Edited by patman

Do you remember the name of the driver mate? As my friend does drift taxis and always up santa pod in his but your right there bloody insane alright

It was a dude called Adam, but im from Scotland so probably not the same guy haha. Yeah man there are lairy as fuck, really want one.

Awwww that's cool mate as you know you have to get in one to really appericate them as we have so yes if I had the choice would take the chaser over an s14 without thinking about it

Depends what ya want out of the car really having owned a s14 Silvia and currently own a chaser I'd nearly prefer a s14 but would have to be a Silvia not a 200sx, the chaser is a cool car and all but the fuel consumption is pants hard to get parts for and not as exciting as the s14 was but then again the chaser is a much nicer car on the road more comfortable the torque is mental and also much rarer there's for and against both but if it's just a bit of cheap fun your after a s14 is definitely the way to go

Depends what ya want out of the car really having owned a s14 Silvia and currently own a chaser I'd nearly prefer a s14 but would have to be a Silvia not a 200sx, the chaser is a cool car and all but the fuel consumption is pants hard to get parts for and not as exciting as the s14 was but then again the chaser is a much nicer car on the road more comfortable the torque is mental and also much rarer there's for and against both but if it's just a bit of cheap fun your after a s14 is definitely the way to go

Cheap rwd fun bud, that's what it's all about! It's not going to be a trailer queen by any means! But I still don't want to buy a bucket lol was the 14 reliable?

I had one, S14a, had a larger turbo, power fc, blitz exhaust, race logic traction control, along with a few other bits and bats. Was in a bit of a state when I bought it, think I paid £2600 for it, back in 2008/9.

10398961_128213379713_5657834_n.jpg?oh=5

Kept it for 6 months or so, cleaned it up and sold at profit, be worth a bloody fortune had I kept it!

Sounded dreadful though, the exhaust note is terrible on them.

I love the look of them Dan! Need to figure out what all the stages are aswell, seems to be the thing when I look at them, stage 1 2 3, definitely want to look into it more but I'm pretty much definitely buying one lol. I know for the money I'm going to be spending it's not going to be a minter anyway, and it will have its arse out at most road ends aswell. One thing I liked about then was the engine, there seems to be heaps with 350+bhp on standard internals, so you don't have to spend an absolute fortune to get decent power. I am looking at all the pros of them, need to look into the cons too haha

great, another hero. i give it 2 months before you stack it. you don't instantly become DK if you own a RWD car like everyone things. p.s breaking traction around a corner doesn't count as drifting.

great, another hero. i give it 2 months before you stack it. you don't instantly become DK if you own a RWD car like everyone things. p.s breaking traction around a corner doesn't count as drifting.

More than once ive been millimeters from being smashed into by a dori dori wannabe in a shithouse spec mx5 or 180sx trying to overtake me sideways on corners. i generally give them a wide berth now, which is a shame cause theyre cool cars, bought by assholes.

There a love hate car, I love mine to bits but hate it as soon as something breaks, which if you drift it, tends to be quite a lot. Drinks a lot more than a starlet so be prepared for that

More than once ive been millimeters from being smashed into by a dori dori wannabe in a shithouse spec mx5 or 180sx trying to overtake me sideways on corners. i generally give them a wide berth now, which is a shame cause theyre cool cars, bought by assholes.

Had this countless times while out in the GT, so annoying! Don't mind you drive like a twat but don't do it close to me.

As you say, yank the handbrake....do a little skid = DRIFT KING!!! Lol

Edited by ROTABOOST

Haha its a bit of fun hence why I want one, and I certainly won't think I'm drift king in it hahaha but I'm not buying it to be a show car that's what I'm saying, the car will be a learning curve for me!

All the fair condition ones seem to be 4.5k+ now! That's a lovely colour Tim!

throw rods??? My pulsar was running 411hp not forged come from japan that way and the engine still lives on

Fuck! Tell me this, what's the red top in them? And the vvt rattle they talk about?

Every SR I've ever worked on has been for a new engine, mate had a 14a with a garret 3076 had it running "safe" around 320hp iirc but it lasted 2 months and then spat a rod. Yeah they suffer from VVT rattle, heard lots rattle but never been asked to correct one lol.

For their age you can't gripe at problems but they are just getting a bit sore these days. That's my thoughts anyway :)

I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy one and go from there! Think I'm gonna save a bit more first and buy the best I can afford! I think I'd be more than happy with 300bhp tbh! Lol