• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where did you get the red spray paint from and was it easy to do?

I used halfords spray paint, first time to use it and have to say it's as good if not better than hycote.

Yeh easy to do, I primered it all, then painted the middle red, let it dry, taped it up, then did the ends

Haha, was surprised no one had said this yet as there isn't that many of them over here. I'll look after her well ;)

Out of the 3 I have owned this is my favorite, and the only one still alive unfortunately! Will be keeping a close eye on this thread :)

Out of the 3 I have owned this is my favorite, and the only one still alive unfortunately! Will be keeping a close eye on this thread :)

When did you own it? Do you know anything about the turbo timer/remote start thing?

About 3 year ago lad, and I haven't a clue I never seen one before! Is it still in below the dash?

Yeh it's still in there, remote start doesn't work but think I'll stick a battery in the remote and see if it goes. Are you from coleraine by any chance?

Yeh it's still in there, remote start doesn't work but think I'll stick a battery in the remote and see if it goes. Are you from coleraine by any chance

Aye get a battery in and see what happens! Yeah I am indeed, but I had the wee car brought up from the south then i ended up selling to another guy in Coleraine who had it for quite a long time, he did a lot of the work to it pal

• 3 weeks later...

got a bit more done now in the past few weeks

finally got round to removing the aircon

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

so much space now!

IMG_3416.jpg

got the decat fiitted too, the cat was far heavier than i expected!

IMG_3410.jpg

then i went about getting the front mount intercooler fitted.

the brackets that came with it were rubbish so i made up my own

IMG_3433.jpg

and attached them to the cross member with rivnuts

IMG_3443.jpg

intercooler is real solid now, also the size difference

IMG_3452.jpg

i then trimmed the bumper a bit, this is not final, just for now

IMG_3458.jpg

i quite like this one i found on google

IMG_3460.jpg

but i'm still undecided on what way to cut it so your suggestions and input would be appreciated!

thanks for looking :)

Edited by adzy

good work on the intercooler mate :thumbsup:

thanks!

Good job mate :thumbsup: . What make is the intercooler? looks very similar to a Blitz

its a jperformance one, which is a blitz copy as far as i know

same brand as mine mate, if you get an oem bumper splitter it will hide the intercooler pipes sticking out near the bottom :thumbsup:

Yeh plan to get a lip or splitter on it sometime :)

Been quietly watching this. Very very clean. Tasteful upgrades too! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to progress mate.

Thanks mate, I think progress could be never ending lol. The funds tend to keep it slow lol

gave the car a service this week, thought i might as well do it before the rolling road day on sat

castrol edge oil

toyota oil filter

decided to upgrade to the ngk iridium spark plugs

also fitted my magnetic sump plug which i got from idworkz a while ago

and also topped the gear oil up as i have discovered i have a slight leak from one of the driveshaft seals

also trimmed the bumper properly this time

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

looks so much better without the plate

also need to get a lip/splitter as i think its needed to make the bunmper less naked looking

Looking smart dude. Yeah you should get a 98 spec splitter, it will make it look more aggressive not that it isn't aggressive looking already :)

Yeh was thinking of getting one, but I also kinda like the Laguna splitters so will see.

Having the intercooler so visible def makes it more aggressive looking!

Yeh was thinking of getting one, but I also kinda like the Laguna splitters so will see.

Having the intercooler so visible def makes it more aggressive looking!

Laguna splitters are impossible to find now all the D turbo guys have them lol I fitted a LCR splitter to my ibiza daily and it looks smart.

But that intercooler really dose set it off mate. you notice or feel any difference with a bigger intercooler?

Laguna splitters are impossible to find now all the D turbo guys have them lol I fitted a LCR splitter to my ibiza daily and it looks smart.

But that intercooler really dose set it off mate. you notice or feel any difference with a bigger intercooler?

yeh i know, i had an unvented one on my dturbo lol whats the LCR one? is that leon cupra r?

yeh notice a difference allright, bit more lag and i've lost a slight bit of boost pressure but it goes far better, pulls all the way to the red, used to feel like it was dying out with the tmic at high revs.

short route hot piping should help to when i get round to getting one

made 137 on the dyno yesterday which wasnt too bad for 0.6 bar

• adzy changed the title to Adzy's track Glanza