• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol like i said, it always starts with a glanza rear bumper.... I can't lie mate I'm gutted :( it deserved to stay as a lovely low mileage SR but each to their own. It is tidy but just a shame it didn't stay as it was. What are the future plans?

Well It's cheaper for me mate yes haha lowest quote I've had for a glanza is 5k plus and I know you'd be gutted haha I know how much you love SR's and I do appreciate that I just wanted something more mean looking but I bet one day I'll look back and thing what a plonker I was for changing it all and for future plans I'm not too sure really just repair and paint the quarters and doors as it really is covered in dents pictures did it justice It wasn't too tidy in person tbh but I've keep all my na parts and I'm going to repair and repaint them and store them away Incase I ever change my mind and want an SR back.

Cheers mate and yes they're the ones I had off you! They came out really nice, a bit of beating to get that raised point out and the ripple at the front and a skim of filler and job done it'll all get flatted and polished in a weeks time as I want the paint to settle and harden a tad more!

Mate the car looks gorgeous even now- I'm a huge fan of glanzas too just SR's are so rare now, well good clean ones are. My first car was an immaculate White SR and at the time (I'll sound old now) it wasn't easy to get hold of aftermarket parts and the Internet was crap. I wanted skirts spoilers etc. Ah that's good then as it'll be worth more as an SR I think.

What mileage are you on now? I think insurance is a joke at any age mate. I'm 31 and get charged more than a fabia vrs for the SR- it's like they don't want old cars on the road. And you pay so much but if something happened you don't want to use it as your premium is higher afterwards so what's the point

Cheers mate appreciate it! And yeah I bet it was hard to find stuff back then! What happened to your white one? And the mileage is 46k at the moment but I drive it every day so it's just going to just keep going up 👎🏻 and yes it's a right pain in the arse with all the insurance it's like they don't want anyone to drive anymore 😂

I've got no idea what happened to my white one, it was so clean. I did see it about 3 years later in a local town and the tte exhaust was gone and the whole thing looked rough :/ to be honest when I wanted to mod it they wernt that rare and I was a bit obsessed with changing things on cars. Nowadays I'm much happier to appreciate certain cars for the way they are and keep them that way. I'd love a standard gt4 and just get it mapped with a few cheeky hidden mods but nothing you could see.

Ah right- the pics made yours look like it was crazy clean mate but they can be deceptive can't they.

Cheers mate and yes they're the ones I had off you! They came out really nice, a bit of beating to get that raised point out and the ripple at the front and a skim of filler and job done it'll all get flatted and polished in a weeks time as I want the paint to settle and harden a tad more!

Glad to hear - good stuff :)

Sounds like it'd be mint if you ever converted it back

Cheers mate and There's one not far from me a silver one just parked on someone's drive I might make an offer in the future and keep that one tidy.

Glad to hear - good stuff :)

Cheers mate 👍🏻

It looks awesome mate!

Thanks mate appreciate it!

I've made offers on some in the past but people would rather leave them sat there than sell them on to be used. Tried to buy a white one at my local Toyota- old lady owned since new but she loved it and wouldn't sell it ha ha

Edited by Pikey009

I dont get why people get so up there own arse about keeping SR totally original.

Yeah they are rare and its great to see them in standard form, but seriously its not like hes put a massive spunking cock on his bonnet, lexus lights and a huge twat face body kit is it, his car looks great he looks after it, paint is spot on and its so easy to put back to original form if he wanted too!!

I think it's mostly because you can just rep an ordinary starlet mate so why use an SR when you end up changing everything about it that makes it an SR. They are rare now if you go too far with the conversion it'll never be an SR again. As walker said though I guess it just makes ours rarer ha ha. I agree that it's completely each to their own and the car looks fantastic.

Edited by Pikey009